GB-40 1/48 Boeing B-29A Superfortress - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If I may Don, it looks to me as though you leave a fair amount of putty residue on your model. A little more time getting all the unneeded stuff off would improve the overall finish a lot, especially for NMF.

Cha ca cha chan !! :blackalien:
I agree with the recommendations of Terry and Andy ... IMHO, the application of a Primer or matte color, would help you more easily to identify some parts that still require sanding.
It seems that everything is under control, so be it. I like how she looks until now.

Saludos :thumbup:

Well I've had similar problems to the B-24 here as the upper spine is not glued or the glue did not hole. I have run a beam of CA gel down it and will sand it tomorrow. The use of the gloss black is that it is the Alclad base, I've just picked up so Vallejo Model Air Aluminum and am thinking I may go with that. The wife can't handle the lacquers so well.I've never been impressed with acrylic metallics but I guess it's gotta make it sooner or later.

IMG_20190209_114358269-111.jpg

Got it sanded down and I think I'll strip the Alclad off as I'm going to try the acrylic, mush as I have my doubts. Who says this is a big model?

My three projects (right now)

IMG_20190209_154511699.jpg

That sucks Don. When you are ready for the Vallejo, shake the crap out of it and when you are done, shake it some more. Let the model sit 24 hours or more if you are going to do any masking. While you can use it straight out of the bottle, I always add their flow improver if I am spraying a large area. I spray for about 5 seconds and then send a blast of straight air through the AB to remove any paint build up on the tip. I do this with all acrylic paint. Follow Vallejo's clean up instructions. DO NOT USE IPA TO CLEAN-UP unless you like a gummy nightmare

That sucks Don. When you are ready for the Vallejo, shake the crap out of it and when you are done, shake it some more. Let the model sit 24 hours or more if you are going to do any masking. While you can use it straight out of the bottle, I always add their flow improver if I am spraying a large area. I spray for about 5 seconds and then send a blast of straight air through the AB to remove any paint build up on the tip. I do this with all acrylic paint. Follow Vallejo's clean up instructions. DO NOT USE IPA TO CLEAN-UP unless you like a gummy nightmare
Good info, what's IPA?

Isopropyl alcohol, I use it as a thinner and cleaner with some but not all acrylics. It comes in different strengths, 70% to, I believe 99% which is what I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back