GB-42 1/48 Macchi MC.200 - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bernhart

2012 Forum Fantasy Football Champion
Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Username: bernhart
First name: Bernie
Category: intermediate
Manufacturer: classic airframes
Model: Macchi MC.200
Scale: 1/48
Extras: some resin parts for the cockpit and engine, also some metal and photo etch

E26806C7-8F8F-49B0-837A-4BC8F331EECB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so gonna throw in the towel on this one, resin and pe are currently beyond my skills, so going a different way

Ok but this would have been a great place to ask questions and learn. That's what the Gbs are about.

Its the resin bits in the cockpit that messed me up especially the sidewall stuff, super glue wasn't holding well and didn't fit into the plastic mainframe. I might just scratch build those parts, still like the resin engine and could make the seat, the floor and instrument panel work. It will take too long to do for the contest so switched to simpler model.

Get back to it when you can, and if in doubt regarding the resin parts, don't be afraid to ask.
Quite often, resin parts need a little filing/sanding/scoring on the mating surface, to help them 'key' to the plastic. Do this, and fix with a small drop of CA, or better still, 2-part epoxy, to allow positioning, and then run a thin bead of CA around the joints / edges, using the tip of a needle or similar, for final fixing.

Yep, with Terry. Also, it's important to wash all resin parts in warm water with dish soap before you do anything. These parts are often covered with an oily mould release coating that will no doubt cause grief if you try to glue them.

Here's a little inspiration to get you going on this project. I'll give you a hint - it's on your decal sheet, only on this one, the '1' is red, not white.

48197702997_3fe32073f3_b.jpg
MC.200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back