GB 44 Military A/C 1946 - 1982

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
21 days to go. Hopefully get many entries. I have several jets, Su-25 Frogfoot, MiG-21, T-33 and for some reason, three F-104s though one is a CF-104. I will most likely do the CF-104 first...

1570730350892.png

...and if there is time, do the CT-133 version of the T-33

1570730511993.png

I have nothing in my stash to fit this GB except for my already-started F-18 and F-5, neither of which I want to get back to any time soon. Priorities are to finish my Mosquito for GB43, which may not happen, then resume my Wellington that I never finished for GB40 and there's lots of work left on that one.

I will be on the sidelines for this one unfortunately.

Hmm.
Got quite a few jets, in 1/48th and 1/32nd scales - but I also need to get two, 1/72nd scale resin HS Andovers done, for Gp. Capt Barr. Good motivation to get them done, and maybe throw in a jet if time permits.

I've decided to do a massive group build in this GB. The first will be the main attention getter as it's a Hasegawa kit which I am hoping will go together quickest, a CF-104D using the kit decals...

002.JPG

The #2 slot for attention will be the Revell F-104G. This will receive the RCAF "Checkerbird" decals. Why use this kit instead of the next one? The sprues in this kit are screaming yellow so I thought black paint would cover better than silver.

005.JPG

The third kit is a 2 years later release of the above kit and contains two RCAF versions and one USAF and will be NMF. In debations which RCAF version it will be but most likely be the main box art

006.JPG

Good stuff guys and I'll be watching with interest. Just to put my police cap on for a sec, keep in mind that the era for the GB is 1946 to 1982. Not sure why it was bracketed in that way but maybe some leniency can be exercised if it brings more entries in. The MiG 29 first saw service in 1982 as far as I know and I'm not sure when the Polish airforce took it on. Personally, I'd love to see this entry.

Last edited:
Good stuff guys and I'll be watching with interest. Just to put my police cap on for a sec, keep in mind that the era for the GB is 1946 to 1982. Not sure why it was bracketed in that way but maybe some leniency can be exercised if it brings more entries in. The MiG 29 first saw service in 1982 as far as I know and I'm not sure when the Polish airforce took it on. Personally, I'd love to see this entry.
Thanks Andy.

i obviously didnt read the guidelines for this GB fully.

not to worry my other option was going to be a Polish MiG 21MF :lol:

The top shot presents the MiG in 2000 while the bottom one shows her occasional painting applied in 2002.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back