GB-45 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb - BoB/Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

to leave the other side well and with the dihedral that has to carry the wings I have to leave it like this during the time that the glue dries well and does not move when released, I had to paste it twice ...
26.jpg
27.jpg

and the lower wing fit is also very good !!!

28.jpg
29.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do to leave the wings a little decent !!!

Oh my. Have you checked that the wings aren't too far forward?

Hopefully this, after checking it, it is observed that the plastic on the rear edge and on the side has a fair fold of the same width that is the gap to be closed, so I deduce that it doubled when taking it out of the mold or while injecting the plastic. but solved the problem.

That's a heck of a gap !!
These holes are very large, although it has not been solved, it has not been fast, first I covered it with Vallejo plastic putty and on this when it has been very dry (two days drying), I have placed a hand of liquid plastic to unify and mark the paneled

Below are the photos of what I have done.

In this photo you can see how on the edge it is like shrunk on the edge with the size of the hole to cover .... I eliminate that plastic elevation of that edge as I did in the back that is also the hole ...

30.jpg

Here, in the absence of refining the gasket covered with the liquid plastic, it is out of focus before sanding and I will repeat the photo to make it look good.
32.jpg

Another photo that is bad, I will repeat it and put it back, the filter placed and caked to give it a sandpaper
31.jpg

with the time I have ahead I will continue making advances as long as they allow me
take care of yourself these fateful days, stay safe

thanks andy.

It is going to be as it plays! after the first sandpaper of 800 to the water I am giving sandpaper of 1000 and 2000 to finish giving a last package with a cloth of polishing metal figures that simulates a grain of 42000.

33.jpg

good!!! Thank you all.

I bring you the photos that I promised you. the polishing process of the rectification of the union, I have taken advantage of and eliminated some scratches that I did not yet know as on one of the wings.

Here the first one is like the previous one but done again so that it is focused

34.jpg

these are the special model metal polishing cloths

35.jpg

so it remains after giving a little not much that it is not necessary you can see the difference and how the union worked

36.jpg

the following you can see the part that works the polishing, of the wings and where not

37.jpg

the finished radiator also, I have left to place the mobile panel of the radiator that does not place it in case it had to touch up the paint after painting the lower part and as it has detailed it would not be easy to paint it

39.jpg

38.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg
42.jpg

almost to paint it !!

Nice job on that seam Sergio. Not sure you want to do this now but there is a panel line on the real aircraft where that seam is so, if you wish, you could scribe it in.

Capture.JPG

Well, I still have more things to do to cover some lines that I did more and place more detailed exterior but it is already taking shape to go through painting

43.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back