GB 47 Split Build August 1st – December 6th 2020 - WW2 D-Day and After – Western Front / Neutral Nations 1939-1945

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
I'll get 'er goin'. A month to decide. Not much showing in the stash as of yet so this is my first option. The Swiss option just fits as the date is Nov. '44 - May '45, Meiringen Air Base
1593627831340.png

I have several for this one:

Bf109K-4 Hasegawa
Bf110G-4 Pro Modeller
Do217E-4 Revell
FW190A-8 Eduard
Spitfire MkXVI ICM
Typhoon MkIb Hasegawa x 2

Kinda itching to do a late LW scheme so maybe the K-4 will be 1st out of the chute followed by one of the Tiffies.

I'm hoping i'll be back at work by then but i have a few choices !

Italeri Ta152 H
Italeri Typhoon Ib (Hasegawa ?)
Revell Spitfire XIV (ICM ?)
Academy Bf 109 G 10
Eduard Bf 109 G 10 Erla
Fujimi P-51 D
Tamiya Mustang III
Academy P-38 J
hobbyboss Me 262 A-1a

Last edited:
I'll get 'er goin'. A month to decide. Not much showing in the stash as of yet so this is my first option. The Swiss option just fits as the date is Nov. '44 - May '45, Meiringen Air Base
11.50 Uhr, Landung in Samedan b/St. Moritz Fi 156C‐3/trop, W.Nr.1144/1943 (Build Morane‐Saulnier Puteaux) Stammkennzeichen TI+VR Verbandskennzeichen Dreieck + Y, II. Gruppe / SG 2

1593683378933.png

https://www.jets-are-for-kids.ch/pdf/texte_storch - Buchauszug Internierung 1943.pdf

Google translate

The crews Fw.Juchelka, Oblt.Lembke with CN + EL and Ogefr.Klünsch, Ofw.Wörner with TI + VR started together with a third Fi156 at 9.35 a.m. in Munich-Riem for the transfer flight to Bari / Italy, with a commanded stopover in Vicenza; The first stork flight for both pilots. The third stork as the faster plane had soon hung the other two, who, admiring the Alps panorama, did not notice the overflight from Innsbruck and therefore failed to turn towards the Brenner. Both planes continued to fly Along the Inn Valley, they continued to travel westwards, eventually completely losing their orientation. Because they had been trained in blind flight, the crews were unable to approach the Inn Valley upwards through the cloud cover. The Engadin came to Switzerland without being aware of this fact. When the two storks approached Samedan, the two storks were asked to land by the Swiss air traffic control officers by firing flares. Fw.Juchelka and Ogefr.Klünsch, in the place unknown to them, the two with pistols n armed crews were informed by the Swiss ground crew about the landing site, disarmed and brought individually for questioning. The four pilots had to be interned as personnel of a task force, the two Fi156 had to be seized

Last edited:
I'm hoping i'll be back at work by then but i have a few choices !

Italeri Ta152 H
Italeri Typhoon Ib (Hasegawa ?)
Revell Spitfire XIV (ICM ?)
Academy Bf 109 G 10
Eduard Bf 109 G 10 Erla
Fujimi P-51 D
Tamiya Mustang III
Academy P-38 J
hobbyboss Me 262 A-1a
i would need to source a 4 blade prop and spinner for my Tiffie and my decal options for the P-51 D and P-38 are rubbish, Terry is working on something for the P-51 but I'd have to buy some for the P-38 !

we'll see what happens with work first though.

I have 2 of the Revell me262's and have already started one to see how things go with construction and get a headstart as this will be done in the back ground of the main entry, Both will be Checkerband birds, Main entry from KG(J)6 with Red/Black bands the other KG(J)54 with Blue/White bands.

I picked up Kit World decals for P-61 KW148169 because I like the first subject P-61A-5 42-5534 Shoo Shoo Baby based at Chateaudun France. What I have not been able to find as yet is photographic evidence of the aircraft. I'm not saying I don't trust the kit manufacture or decal manufacture companies, BUTTTTTT!

I'm tryin like the devil hisself to find a oicture of a 13th PhotoReconSqn P-38....

No joy.
Anybody?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back