GB-58 1/48 Beaufighter Mk. IF - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wings mated to fuselage. A bit of forceful alignment needed at the aft section of the wings but I think they will do..

I'm not fully following the destructions as they would have you install a bunch of hanging things, ( crew entry hatch, flaps etc..) I don't want to break later...

Wings on but the lower section did not get under the nose. Had to work that in and get to filing and sanding as the nose cone extended below the bottom of the fuselage quite a bit. I am not complaining as the is where all the surgery was done so some may have been self induced. I've run Mr. Surfacer 500 across the seams. I cleaned up the wings with acetone dipped swabs.

Wait! Is that the broken nose piece I can now see??

LED lights are really wonderful. I went to IKEA and picked out the brightest lamp they had. Same swivel, bendy arm design. Not a circular LED but a shaded bulb; 800 lumens/500K color. I bought two 2 packs of the bulbs, <$5. After I got home I saw that the bulbs have a life expectancy of 25,000 hours. I think I'm covered for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread