GB-59 1/72 Mitsubishi Ki-15 'Babs' - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Andy.
Looking at available schematics again, and considering going the whole hog on this - redoing ribbing and stringers to correct scale thicknesses... decisions decisions...

Cheers Andy.
Looking at available schematics again, and considering going the whole hog on this - redoing ribbing and stringers to correct scale thicknesses... decisions decisions...
Pointless IMO, unless you thin the walls to a scale thickness but I'd not recommend that!

I'd mostly just like to make the stringers smaller.
I didn't have smaller styrene strip, and didn't want to cut strips by hand, so just went with the same 0.25 x 0.5 mm strip of the ribs. Just can't live with it though, so ordered a mixed bag of Plastikard tube and square rod in various shapes and sizes yesterday. Should get them on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Exactly Dave.
It can, and never will be, completely accurate (almost anything in 1:72 is automatically out of scale, due to the tiny nature of the parts!), but we are creating an illusion, trying to make it 'look' realistic, without actually being so.
I personally will be happy if it 'looks right' or atleast 'semi-right', but I need to change a couple of things with this one for that yet.

Exactly Dave.
It can, and never will be, completely accurate (almost anything in 1:72 is automatically out of scale, due to the tiny nature of the parts!), but we are creating an illusion, trying to make it 'look' realistic, without actually being so.
I personally will be happy if it 'looks right' or atleast 'semi-right', but I need to change a couple of things with this one for that yet.
It's the preservation of history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back