GB-60 1/32 P-40B AVG - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Like the fuel caps, were they part of the kit, if not how did you make them with such detail. :thumbright: :D
Thanks Vic.
The kit just had dimples. I used .2mm card punched dots! Filed the edge to make the fingers then a tiny punched piece stuck to the top centre. After many failures I might add!!!!!!

So since I started this one, and came to the conclusion the engine should be showing, it dawned on me the barrel would be
showing as well. Further the penny dropped this lonnnng barrel needed to be supported somehow over said engine! I have been
hunting for a photo, just need one!!!!!!!! just one and they are painfully rare. This morning I found IT!!! The barrel extends thru
a tube that has a mount at either end over the inside row of valve cover bolts and it attaches at either end of that valve cover!
So here is my solution. I have some copper shim stock 0.06mm and have CA glued a strip at each end. I'll fake it attached as
in the photo I found...... Problem solved.
1-32 P-40b_32.jpg

So since I started this one, and came to the conclusion the engine should be showing, it dawned on me the barrel would be
showing as well. Further the penny dropped this lonnnng barrel needed to be supported somehow over said engine! I have been
hunting for a photo, just need one!!!!!!!! just one and they are painfully rare. This morning I found IT!!! The barrel extends thru
a tube that has a mount at either end over the inside row of valve cover bolts and it attaches at either end of that valve cover!
So here is my solution. I have some copper shim stock 0.06mm and have CA glued a strip at each end. I'll fake it attached as
in the photo I found...... Problem solved.
View attachment 745453
Again, I hear maniacal laughter.

I did change the Straps to wire, just looks better.
Funny how things happen so fast at some stage. Cockpit sides attached. Tail wheel struts in. IP just needs figity handles attached. Odds and end on engine. Coming together but still a way to go.
20231104_170000.jpg

So I've had a less than good experience with some flat coating in the pit. But by crackey it's gonna have to do!!!!!!! So the back
end of this is stuck together as I can get the firewall forward in like this. The underside of the engine compartment is Not glued
yet. A few of the IP handles, no bigger than ants testicles, have escaped me. So what I say!!!!! Here tis!
1-32 P-40b_33.jpg

Now.............. you would think!!!!!!!!!?
1-32 P-40b_34.jpg

These are Not horiz stabs! These are Port and Strbrd ELEVATORS!!!!! Now, onna 1/32nd kit; don't you think
they would get them riiiiiiight? For Gord sake! They are not Flaps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back