GB-61 1/48 SB2C-4 Helldiver - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
User Name : Wayne Little
First Name : Wayne
Category : Judge - Non Competing
Manufacturer/ Model : Pro Modeller SB2C-4 Helldiver
Scale : 1/48
Extras : Eduard Etch Cockpit Set

Something different for me this time around, away from my usual path of Axis subjects.
Always wanted to tackle a Helldiver and the opportunity has presented itself.

The subject will be White 13 flying from the Essex Class Carrier CV-15 USS Randolph,
It's aircraft carrying the distinctive Horizontal White striping on the Vertical Tail to identify their parent ship.

Apart from some Eduard etch in the cockpit, and that supplied in the Kit will look to keep this build as simple and straight forward as possible.

I have 2 Helldiver Kits, Kit box of Number 2 shown as Kit number 1 is mostly off the sprues in another box....as you can see....semi under way... There is a True details cockpit set in this one but not sure i will even use it.

A pic showing 13 in the back, number visible on the original larger image with 2, 9 and 15 in front....
Image source the net, location originally not known, used for Historical purpose only.
Helldivers on flight deck.jpg

Helldiver Box_4591.jpg
1_Box of Bits_4592.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Guys. some more to show in the prep stages...

I have glued the side consoles in place to the edges of the cockpit and added some small plastic card behind them to set them in place.
Seat prepped...seat belts to be removed for etched ones...
Observers IP glued in place to the rear decking.....and from here other parts are going to change to fit...more to come...
9_Rear Cockpit Panel_4672.jpg

8_Port console_4698.jpg
9_Stbd Console_4694.jpg
11_Seat prep_4679.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back