GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb - Spitfires (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40 le_steph40 seems to have some info about that given he told another builder the bare aluminum started with the V. I'm going with the bare aluminum unless someone proves me wrong.
I must admit that I'm a little confused now... I searched in my docs and I found 2 versions: cockpit overall RAF interior green (grey-green) until September 1943 and then the rear part of it was aluminium dope (standard paint treatment/mod.787 on 13 September 1943, and the other version: cockpit RAF interior green (grey-green) with the rear part unpainted and then overall grey-green from early 1944... :rolleyes:
And other versions here => Spitfire Interior colours: Aluminium and/or IGG

Last edited:
Mod dates aren't always reliable indicators of exactly when a change was implemented. Sometimes the were issued as official records of changes already underway.

To all the Spitfire GB builders. I found this late last year and never knew about it. I've Google imaged it and so far found it up to the Mk.IX, the antenna mast base plate colour. N4521U N4521U Vic Balshaw Vic Balshaw Crimea_River Crimea_River Jock Tamson Jock Tamson hainus hainus rochie rochie Ralph Haus Ralph Haus PlasticHero PlasticHero Donivanp Donivanp C CS15360 Wayne Little Wayne Little I'm sure some of you already know about it but a friendly reminder

1716244980297.png

Got a bit done in between Blue Jays and Canucks games. All colours Tamiya. Cylinders were painted flat Aluminum with my mix of grey green straps. ( I really hope I wrote this down some where.) I stretched some of the kits sprue to make the cross over pipe. Wash done with Citadel Agrax Earthshade. The seat was painted with XF-9 Hull Red and drybrushed with XF-64 Red Brown. The leather cover was painted with XF-85 Rubber Black as my new bottle of Nato Black has turned on me; its more of a wash. Dry brushed with XF-24 Dark Grey

IMG_3019.JPG

Yea....him and Garland seemed to be the only ones that wanted to shoot the puck. Anyhoo. About to spritz, spritz, spritz the interior....or maybe not. But first I would like to know the colour of the wheel wells, inner gear doors and landing gear for this time frame. I've seen silverish, grey-green and underside colours. Packing day and camp bus in six hours

Can't believe I actually spritz, spritz, spritzed when I said I would. Looking at my home-brewed version of cockpit green, its a tad dark so I mixed it with XF-76 Grey Green - 2:1. I compared the photo in my preview screen with real time and what you see in the pic is almost bang on with real time. What say ye, gents?

1716320582804.png

Modelling done for the week.. Have a good week all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back