GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb(1) - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. More togetherness. Bondage not really needed but we were going uptown and occasionally things move if I leave them on their own for a while

IMG_3051.JPG

I really want to get everything together before I head back to work so all I have to do is start spraying when I get home. I've started something new for nightshift. I used to take the bus in that would get me into camp as soon as the first nightshift started. As I would already be up for 12hrs, it would be another 13 before I got to bed so now I'm going into camp in the morning, sleeping all day and then starting. I began this last nightshift and what a difference. I hope to have the wings and innards glued in shortly

It's looking really good George
Must be nice to be able to swing to night shift that fast. No way I can suddenly decide to sleep during the day.
I never can sleep before the switch. I work a double shift going end so by the time I get home in the early am I'm so tired I go right to sleep and by "interior clock" had adjusted, more or less. Then I'm back on days a few days later and all screwed up. Any way you look at it, night work sucks!

Thanks all. Looking very Spitfire-like now

IMG_0001.JPG

Ignore the rough edges, clean up tomorrow. It is my understanding that the forward and rear canopy "frames" were not painted, yes/no? The "?" mark arrow is Tamiya's attempt to reproduce the support bar between the bulk heads.....and they want it painted gold

IMG_0003.JPG

The canopy frames must have had some form of colour if only bate metal as for the support spar, I believe this to have been the aluminium paint. :lol:

Like that sand colour. :thumbright: :lol:

IIRC the whole cockpit canopy frame was painted. Because the slide back hood was movable the scratches and peeling off happened often. The bar between the bulk heads was of the cockpit colour or just silver because it was an inner part of the fusealge structure but not of the frame. So it should be done inside and the one on the model cockpit glass should be sanded down. The silver ( aluminium ) colour at the frame seems to be at the back edge of the front windshield only Also it is omitted often there was a thin pipe with a line of the hood quick releasing/jettisoning system.

Spit5_c.jpg

Spit5_d.jpg

spit5_b.jpg

spit5_a.jpg

spit5.jpg

You're thinking of the blown Malcom hood which did not have the framing. The bar behind Frame 11 would be aluminum colour.

Both the Spitfire bulged hood with the flat sides and the full bubble Malcolm Hood type one had the frame. And the frame was painted with the camo colours. The Malcolm type canopy without the frames was used for the P-51B/C Mustang.

Spit5_e.jpg

spit5_f.jpg

spit5_g.jpg

Spit_h.jpg

the pic source: the net.

I was a zombie after switching shifts. Fortunately, no one noticed the difference.
I did a month of night shifts in Japan, finished work and went on the beer, as you do, with my colleague, it drew some strange looks from the other guests having their breakfast between 7.30 and 9 AM in our rather nice hotel, the late arrivals obviously thought we had been drinking all night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back