GB-63 1/48 Tempest Mk.V Series 1 - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK. I have found a nice shot of the Tempest on an assembling line in a factory. As you may notice the fuselage is already camouflaged. Also at the area behind the armour plate. There is a lack of the sealing "collar". The black colour can be noticed on the supports for the armour plate and the front mount for the guide rail only. The guide rail was attached later and for sure , was painted separately, not necessarily with the black. In the second pic you may notice the black paint applied behind the armour plate up to the "collar". The guide rail looks like being of the camouflage colour but not of the black. The third shot is the enlarged one of the JF-G and JF-M kites. Also here can be noticed that the rail is lighter than the black painted area between the armour and the collar. Especially it can be noticed nicely at the front area of it where the front mount is. The horizontal surface of it is clearly lighter than the black one around.

the pic source: the net.

Nice innards Ralph. Do you use these or something similar to remove fragile parts? Cut slowly with easy pressure; almost through, easier yet. They fit in a standard blade handle

Sure do. Got that tip from you I believe, years back; so, again., thank you. Life removing small parts, or any for that matter, has improved. I find that the curved shaped blade is the best, for me. Allows for a better sweeping, cutting motion and doesn't bend at the very tip like the straights. Not quite as flexable when in tight areas, but overall my favorite.

Nice innards Ralph. Do you use these or something similar to remove fragile parts? Cut slowly with easy pressure; almost through, easier yet. They fit in a standard blade handle

Might have missed your point when I last responded? The broken pieces were not from trying to extract from a spru. Rather their thin cross section and my clumsy hands snapping them. In fact two of the spars were broken in the plastic bag, as shipped and received.

Again thanks for the reference photos. I did notice the camo being under the canopy area in the earlier photos sent, and wondered about that. I was hoping to attach that element late in the assembly, after applying the camo (invasion stripes). Not sure if that will work now? Also looks like I will need to mount the canopy in the closed position (temp) to get the camo changes to match!

Ya, I had 3 lift rod broken on the sprue on my 108. A right pain in the keester

Users who are viewing this thread