GB-63 "Stormy Weather" - Watcha thinkin'?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andy,

Also I would like to pay your attention to the "Sturmvogel". It also doesn't have anything common with the weather. As far as I know the German word means the albatross or shearwater/mutton bird.
From wiki there is a link, the Latin name for the albatross means storm bird "
The name Diomedea, assigned to the albatrosses by Linnaeus, references the mythical metamorphosis of the companions of the Greek warrior Diomedes into birds. Finally, the name for the order, Procellariiformes, comes from the Latin word procella meaning "a violent wind" or "a storm".[6]" Other members of the family are the storm petrels.

Yes that's true. But in the case the German "Sturm" means the attack/ assault but not the storm or gale. Therefore : the Sturmgewehr, Sturmgeschütz, Sturmgeschwader, Sturmabteilung or even the Sturmbannführer, Hauptsturmführer etc. As a result the "Sturmvogel" means the kind of the plane rater ( the fighter-bomber or just the assault plane ). I'm sure you know, the correct name for the kite is the "Schwalbe" - Swallow. However, the English "storm" also means the attack, assault so no problem here.

Correct ... similar to the English, the German "der Sturm/ das Wetter " also means the storm, gale, tempest, thunderstorm etc ... but as I mentioned it above, in the case of the Me 262 , it means the assault or attack rather than the weather phenomenon. IMHO it is a matter of the translation and the meaning of the words that were used. Hence my doubts.

The attachent size is limited to 1,024MB as memo serves. Pratcially the server limits it to 95MB or so for a file. Therefore it i s not important what the file size but the image size. IMHO the nice size of images here is 900-1600/1800 pixels in its width. These of the width 900 pix look nice on my screen at least. These larger also because these are fitted to the screen automatically. So you may set them as the full size displaying. Additionally you know, the larger file the longer uploading. So if your net connection is quite limited in the speed I would suggest the smaller pics.

Off topic but I am sorting out pictures for my GB Spitfire, what is the recommended picture size, in KB?

BTW ... the number of the attached files per a post is limited to 20 ones. Practically 6-8 images per a post isn't too tiring while scrolling s screen down. You should remember that there has to be some of text included. Too many images may cause noting but trouble with keeping of the post readable.

Thanks I usually take them at maximum size which is in GB I'll see how they come out.

Pbehn I believe you have seen some of the postings of my beer hauler ICM Spitfire? I will be interested to see if you can get that engine to fit within the fuselage and pieces provided. It seems the only way to get these to play nice together is to do the open option? If you have already attached the fuselage halves together with the access panels attached, good luck. Pictures are really a great communication tool.

I've been watching the posts with interest here and although I am deffo a beginner. I just started the thread I will discuss there.

Went to the LHS today and saw nothing of interest to compete with my already-chosen Typhoon. However, I did order a 1/48 Hasegawa Macchi C.202 cuz I don't have one and only have one other Italian machine in my collection. We'll see if I have time to squeeze two in but I might start with the Folgore, given I've already built the same Tiffie in GB-47.

If I can source a 1:48 Hawker Typhoon canopy, I'd be in (or at least start- I'm a serial starter!).

Bubble or Car Door? Hawker Typhoon Vacuform Canopy x2 for Monogram (1/48 Falcon 9510) | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Bubble, thanks! Wowzers- the postage and packing is eye-wateringly expensive- double the cost of the canopy!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread