GB-63 "Stormy Weather" - Watcha thinkin'?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Plenty of fotos here,

GB63-Launcher.jpg

This was available some time ago. I don't think it's around anymore.

I'll now probably kick off with a MC.202 with my first stab at smoke ring camo. The Hasegawa 1/48 kit has two schemes and the only one with smoke rings is the Commander Andrea Favini aircraft for 153 Gruppo . However, I've already hit an issue. Here are two profiles linked from the net:

VAL1205a.jpg

153-Gruppo-Auto-CL111-MM9083-Andrea-Favini-1942-0A.jpg

The issue is obviously the colour of the letter, shield border, and narrow band within the white band: one shows blue and one shows red. Hasegawa's kit decals offer only red options but I'd like to know if there is strong evidence one way or the other. There are also these two photos linked from AsisBiz:

153-Gruppo-Auto-CL111-MM9083-Andrea-Favini-1942-02.jpg
153-Gruppo-Auto-CL111-MM9083-Andrea-Favini-1942-01.jpg

I've tried the Stormo site but I find it a bit hard to navigate for such specific info without joining the forum and I'm a bit reluctant to join yet another forum. Any opinions or references that would help me feel at ease using the red decals would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Just found this. Not looking good for red: Folgore: CLIII of 153 Gruppo. Red or Blue?

Last edited:
I wish Anyone trying this one Good Luck with those bloody clouds!!!!!!!
I
ve got one sitting around Cloudless!

I'll now probably kick off with a MC.202 with my first stab at smoke ring camo. The Hasegawa 1/48 kit has two schemes and the only one with smoke rings is the Commander Andrea Favini aircraft for 153 Gruppo . However, I've already hit an issue. Here are two profiles linked from the net:

View attachment 790367
View attachment 790368

The issue is obviously the colour of the letter, shield border, and narrow band within the white band: one shows blue and one shows red. Hasegawa's kit decals offer only red options but I'd like to know if there is strong evidence one way or the other. There are also these two photos linked from AsisBiz:

View attachment 790369View attachment 790370

I've tried the Stormo site but I find it a bit hard to navigate for such specific info without joining the forum and I'm a bit reluctant to join yet another forum. Any opinions or references that would help me feel at ease using the red decals would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Just found this. Not looking good for red: Folgore: CLIII of 153 Gruppo. Red or Blue?
Got me one of these and debating if I should make it my first model or second for the GB. Lucky me though, it's a bigger scale and the smoke rings come with it in the form of decals. :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back