GB-69 1/72 PBM-5 MARINER - Maritime Aircraft WWII

Good work so far!
 
I wanted to see this kit to compare it with the Mach 2 one I have... it doesn't seem very different... I bought mine on sale because the transparencies were broken or missing some, but this one is fine. Looking forward to more updates.
 
Here is a quick dry fit. Gluing it together in a few minutes. I've been very busy, working, getting sick, caring for others who are sick. My wife finally felt sorry I haven't had time on my plane so now I get an hour or so after work. My church has young boys who want me to teach them modeling. Looking forward to that if it happens.

20260426_182312.jpg
 
:thumbright:
 
Nice, uber cool looking plane too !
 
Hi guys, I'm afraid I've been much too delayed due to an 11 year old Great Dane approaching end of life issues. I am still working on this model and intend to finish it as soon as possible, but I don't think I will be in time. I'll be posting pictures soon. I have the engines mounted along with the outer pontoons. In fact, I only have the gun placements and pilot's windows left to build on the aircraft. I've already sanded it for painting with some masking.

I'm currently having issues spraying AJ acrylic paint. Humidity doesn't help either. My brush keeps spitting water. Fortunately it brushes on really well, no brush stroke are visible and all the underlying panel lines are still very much visible.

I have also cut the foam board for the water part. I'll move forward with this perhaps this weekend. Since this is a technique some folks would like to see, I'll try to be more step-by-step about it.

On another note. I met with the adult leader for several young boys and I will give the boys an introduction to modeling later in June. I will be getting them their first model and give them a little competition. A thought occured to me, what would you guys say if I start a thread showing what these lads build and let you guys critique them? Perhaps together we could inspire them and bring some fresh folks to the forum? Just a thought. Of course you know what might be fun is getting boys together on this forum from around the world and get them to compete with each other.

Thanks guys as always.
 
My goal is to get them interested in modeling and perhaps communicating with other enthusiasts around the world might inspire them. I mean where else can you find guidance with subject matter better than here?
 
Agreed....
 
Great Idea getting the kids interested building models
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back