GB-70 1/48 Do-17P Legion Condor - WWII Spanish Civil War to Fall of France

CS15360

Airman
46
80
Joined
May 4, 2014
Username: CS15360
First Name: Chris
Category: Intermediate
Manufacturer: Hobbycraft
Model: Do-17 M/P
Aftermarket: Squadron canopies, LF decals (C48142) and a lot of scratch building.


Hey all. I finally got a little break from family catastrophes and decided to throw myself into this GB with you all. This Hobbycraft model is a total dog but its the only game in town for this particular early Do version. I only hope to finish on time and not after the GB ends like my previous builds. Any advice on this plane is greatly appreciated. I've only found a couple interior pics of this earlier model plane.
 

Attachments

  • 20260511_133003.jpg
    20260511_133003.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • 20260511_132948.jpg
    20260511_132948.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • 20260517_135419.jpg
    20260517_135419.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
Hey George..I'd greatly appreciate anything you've got on this plane. You can look at 10 different photos and see 10 distinctively 10 interiors!
 
Hello all....worked a bit on this crate. I changed the shape of the fuselage from the infamous Hobbycraft flying banana to something more like a pencil. I also thinned down the inside plastic on the upper fuselage and opened up these "vents", windows?
 

Attachments

  • 20260518_181933.jpg
    20260518_181933.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 20260518_181947.jpg
    20260518_181947.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
In Spain it is called the flying pencil or cod.
A registration number is used on some decals of the plane that dropped the dismembered body of the bomber pilot captured after being shot down and seriously wounded on the Jarama front over Madrid.
 
Great choice Chris. Love the early Fliegende Bleistiften (Flying pencils).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back