GB-70 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I - WWII Spanish Civil War to Fall of France

Neato
 
The cockpit is ready to be closed up. I didn't quite get the dials lined up with the panel but it's the size of my pinkie nail. I really like the new Airfix kits; good detail and very good prices.
cockpit2.jpg

The seat mounting is very accurate as to how the original was done; but it did not provide a secure glueing surface. What I did was add a thin strip narrower than the seat behind the armor, and a small bit of sprue to connect it to the seat. You can see part of it under the seat, but it will not be visible from the top.
 
Ready to close things up this weekend. Everything is here except the stick; it has to thread through the all the pipes and I broke it off on the first test fit. I'll put it in after I get the wing attached.
cockpit3.jpg
 
Nice work.
 
RTFM
mistake1.jpg

I had the white half of the underside done before alarm bells went off. I'm not super familiar with Hurris so I didn't notice I was using the wrong underside. There are two small sprues for the optional mark and the one I took the correct prop and seat bulkhead off; I (ass)u(me)d that all the parts for each mark would be on their own sprue. At least that's the way I would have done it. So I carefully put the other sprue back in the box so I wouldn't get any parts mixed up. Oh well, no one will ever notice who sees it; except all you guys old:oops:
 
I know; apparently 65 years isn't enough.

Two interesting youtube videos just popped up dealing with this time frame.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E982smgZs00

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfI7DCCRh20

I subscribe to the first channel and intend to watch that video.
I don't watch the second channel. I can't tell if he's presenting history or an agenda.
 
With the start of GB-71 and my "less than ideal" construction of this kit; I'm going to bail on this build as well. This makes 3 in a row that I have been unable/unwilling to finish. No one's fault but me. I still feel committed to the hobby and to this forum. I appreciate all the support and insults.
 
Last edited:
Maybe the 4 month timeframe doesnt work for the majority, me included. Seems we are always extending the deadline. Perhaps a poll when the next GB schedule comes due to see if 5 months might be a better duration.
 
I will make note of this
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back