GB nominations for builds after GB 39

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

parsifal

Colonel
Apr 6, 2008
Orange NSW
Hi Everyone

We have yet to decide on GBs after the final build in the current series (GB-39). The purpose of this thread is to allow a list of nominations to be prepared and submitted to the GB organisers for their consideration.

I want to arrange this informal survey as follows: List your top 5 nominations ranked 1 to 5. I will award 5 points for the top nomination, 4 points for the second nomination and so on. We will end up with a list of priorities which I will put together after 1 month of the survey. The survey will complete on the 2 March 2018

I intend to produce a series of split builds, in which the top ranked build is mated to the least ranked build and the 2nd ranked nomination with the 2ns lowest ranking and so on. That way we should decrease the likelihood of boring builds without losing the variety.

So rank your favourite nominations 1 to 5. You can repeat or adopt what others suggest, in fact that's probably a smart move actually. You can nominate additional topics if you like, and I will pass those suggestions on, but I wont be scring them.

Im not a decision maker about this, so I don't know what will happen to this data, but I do think it might be useful not too far from now.

Cheers and best of luck

Michael

Last edited:
My nominations are:

1) Carrier Aircraft 1946-82
2) Carrier Aircraft 1939-45
3) Between the wars (1919-39)
4) WWI
5) Seaplanes/Floatplanes from any era

Wow, only 1 dedicated WW2 theme. We'll need to see about that.

1) WW2 DDay and after - air warfare in the west
2) WW2 Heavy Hitters (bomber aircraft - not fighters with bombs)
3) WW2 Eastern Front
4) WW2 Night Fighters
5) WW2 North of 60 - air war in the arctic regions.

As I mentioned somewhere, I missed the first 11 or so GBs so it would't hurt my feelings to have a do-over with those. Probably 90% of my stash is leaning towards "captured" WWII aircraft and oddball schemes. Offhand I have 2 helos, one may or may not be built during the current GB, 1 post war carrier A-7 but I'm struggling to find decent U.S.S. Constellation decals, 3 Hellcats but they will be done as drones. 1/48 is not kind to in-between wars and no WWI or water aircraft. I've got something for all of Andy's though 3 and 5 might require new decals. Would the Dragon Ta 154 Mistel classify as a heavy hitter?

The running sheet after just three submissions is

5 points: Carrier Aircraft 1946-82, Aces, WW2 DDay and after - air warfare in the west, Heavy Hitters, Eastern Front,
4 points: Carrier Aircraft 1939-45, MTO,
3 points: Between the wars (1919-39), PTO
2 points WWI, Night Fighters
1 point Seaplanes/Floatplanes from any era, WW2 North of 60 - air war in the arctic regions.

If the poll was to end now, the next round of GBs would be

GB40 Carrier Aircraft 1946-82 / WW2 North of 60 - air war in the arctic regions.

GB41 WW2 DDay and after - air warfare in the west/ Seaplanes/Floatplanes from any era

GB42 Heavy Hitters / Night Fighters

GB43 Eastern Front / PTO

GB44 Carrier Aircraft 1939-45 / Between the wars (1919-39)

Not sure what to think....it is what it is I guess.

I'll have to have a think about this one - which can be hard work, as my brain hurts easily !
I'd definitely go with Heavy Hitters, D-Day and after, and probably MTO.
So for now, I'll say :-

1) Heavy Hitters.
2) D-Day and after.
3) MTO
4) an outsider - Aircraft from the movies !!
5) Korean War.

This might change though !

The running sheet after Terry's submission is is

10 points Heavy Hitters
9 points WW2 D-Day and after - (air warfare in the west ....are you okay with that terry?)
7 points MTO
5 points: Carrier Aircraft 1946-82, Aces, , Eastern Front,
4 points: Carrier Aircraft 1939-45,
3 points: Between the wars (1919-39), PTO
2 points WWI, Night Fighters
1 point Seaplanes/Floatplanes from any era, WW2 North of 60 - air war in the arctic regions. Aircraft from the movies, Korean war

If the poll was to end now, the next round of GBs would be

GB40 Heavy Hitter / Korean war.

GB41 WW2 D-Day and after - air warfare in the west / WW2 North of 60 - air war in the arctic regions.

GB42 MTO / Seaplanes/Floatplanes from any era

GB43 Eastern Front / Night Fighters

GB44 Carrier Aircraft 1946-82 / WWI

GB45 Aces / PTO

GB 46 Eastern Front / Carrier Aircraft 1939-45

GB47 Between the wars (1919-39)

Doing a good job Michael. More input still needed from some regulars though. I think the key is to get the ideas flowing. How we split up the GB's could still be debated but I'm not too averse to the way it's shaking out at the moment. However, I think that a split GB should always have at least one WW2 theme as I think the non-WW2 themes often get low participation.

Yep, our 'regulars' don't always have much time during weekdays, and this thread is not in a very prominent position either. But now it's weekend, perhaps more comments will follow.
And don't call me Shirley ..................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back