GB nominations for builds after GB 39

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

where should this thread be do you think? Maybe I can ask Wurger to move it?

If I cant call you Shirley would Brenda be more to your liking?

No - I'm not a redhead !

Maybe start a new thread in the general area of the Group Build section, similar to the ones Vic posted a few years ago ?

Do you want me to move the thread? What the destination forum are you going to get? Just let me know.

thanks Glenn. The way ive structured the "poll", I can only include the top 5 responses. however I will keep a list of "other mentions" for tie breaking purposes.

The running sheet after your submission is

Running Sheet.jpg

Tie breaker mentions
Between the Wars, Eastern Front, Commonwealth, Night Fighters

If the poll was to end now, the next round of GBs would be

WW2 Heavy Hitters (bomber a/c, no fighters)(14) / The Cold War (1) (Total 15)
MTO (10)/ Korean War (1) (Total 11)
WW2 D-Day and after - air warfare in the west (9) / WW2 Nth of 60 - arctic regions (1) (Total 10)
PTO (5) / Seaplanes/Floatplanes from any era (1) (Total 6)
Eastern front (5) / A/C from the movies (2) (Total 7)
Carrier Aircraft 1946-82 (5) / WW2 Night Fighters (2) (Total 7)
Aces (5) / WWI (2) (Total 7)
Battle of Britain (5) / Between the wars (1919-39) (3) (Total 8)
Carrier Aircraft 1939-45 (4) / (Total ???)

Positioning is on the basis of the top score, then married to the bottom score. There are some really wobbly bits in the middle at the moment due to the small sample size. we have too many entries on the same score.....

Last edited:
Really need to think about whether or not to split a GB with a subject that only one person voted for. I know it's early but if we end up that way I would really have to wonder if that makes sense.

We should wait until we get a more clear picture on the number of different nominations that we get. If we get only 16 nominations, that will only equate to 8 GBs. if 6 of them are 1 pointers and we delete all the 1 point entries, then we will get something like 5 GBs, or a little over a years worth. remember also that the low order GBs are paired with high value GBs, so I'm hoping we get a good mix of the popular to the unusual. Most people will go for the popular, and that's fine, but someone, like Terrys "Aircraft of the Movies" might be the trick that floats someone's boat.

but we need to wait and see if the sample size reaches a decent size. I'm looking for at least 8 primary builds to cover two years.

One thing we could do, with peoples permission is split a very popular primary build, so that it occurs more than once in the build series . "Heavy Hitters" at the moment would fit this. To retain its number 1 spot on the rankings it only needs 11 of its 14 points. If we allowed that winning build nomination to be split, the second entry would have 3 votes. That would either give another primary build nomination at 3 votes or a very high secondary build nomination. Either way, the very popular nominations gets to be included twice on the list, with no superfluous votes for that nomination.

The other end of the spectrum are these very low scorers, the 1 pointers. if we get a better nomination turnout, it is entirely possible that at the lower end of the table we could combine more than one GB subject for a 3 nomination alternative, or more, depending on the total points that overall GB grouping has had assigned to it.

There are lots of ways to manipulate this dataset without altering the basic results of the poll, or getting rid of stuff.

I think it's cleaner if the theme is singular. The only reason we would need a split GB is if the main theme is not popular. My recommendations for the GB topics:

1. Pacific Theater of WW2
2. Heavy Hitters of WW2
3. Aircraft of the Aces of WW2
4. Prelude (Spanish Civil War/Sino Japanese Conflict)
5. Night Fighters of WW2
6. Jet Fighters of WW2
7. D-Day
8. Mediterranean/North Africa
9. Eastern Front
10. Battle of Britain

Thanks john. After john's entry the poll is running at

WW2 Heavy Hitters (bomber a/c, no fighters)(18) / The Cold War (1) (Total 15)
MTO (10)/ Korean War (1) (Total 11)
PTO (10) / Seaplanes/Floatplanes from any era (1) (Total 11)
WW2 D-Day and after - air warfare in the west (9) / WW2 Nth of 60 - arctic regions (1) (Total 10)
Aces (8) / Spanish Civil War (2) (Total 10)
Eastern Front(5) / A/C from the movies (2) (Total 7)
BoB (5) / WWI (2) (Total 7)
Carrier A/C 46-82 (5) / Between the wars (1919-39) (3) (Total 8)
Carrier A/C 39-45 (4) / Night Fighters (3) (Total 7)

Tie breaker mentions
Between the Wars, Eastern Front (2), Commonwealth, Night Fighters, Jet Fighters of WW2, D-Day, MTO, BoB

have a possible two year program now.

With mikes nominations added, the poll changes to the following;

Heavy Hitters (Bmbr a/c, no ftrs) (22) / Korean War (1) (Total 23)
MTO (13) / WW2 Nth of 60 (1) (Total 14)
PTO (12) / Seaplanes/Floatplanes (1) (Total 13)
WW2 D-day and after war in the west(9) / Spanish Civil War (2) (Total 11)
Aces (8) / Cold War (2) (Total 10)
WW2 Eastern Front (5) / A/C of the movies (2) (Total 7)
BoB (5) / WWI (2) (Total 7)
Carrier a/c 46-82 (5) / WW2 Night Fighters (3) (Total 8)
Carrier a/c 39-45 (4) / Between the wars (3) (Total 7)

Tie breaker mentions
Between the Wars (2), Eastern Front (3), Commonwealth(2), Night Fighters(2), Jet Fighters of WW2, D-Day, MTO, BoB

Heavy hitters should definitely be split to create two GBs for that nomination. as its secondary running mate I think we should select the "Tie Breaker" that has received the most nominations and not already on the list (at the moment, commonwealth). On that basis HH GB would appear at the 1st and 5th GB entries. And we would have a total of 10 GBs

Hello,
I'm in late... So, thank you Michael for your message ;)
Here are my choices:
1- Aircraft of WW2 Aces (but maybe we can to have several categories or choices => Allied Aces, Axis Aces, Pacific Front Aces, MTO Aces, European Front Aces, Eastern Front Aces, etc...)
2- WW2 Night Fighters
3- WW2 DDay and after - air warfare in the west (good choice Andy ;) )
4- Battle of Britain
5- Pacific war

Cheers :)
Stéph

Last edited:
Thanks steph

After stephs nominations are included, the poll changes to the following:

Heavy Hitters (Bmbr a/c, no ftrs) (22) / Korean War (1) (Total 23)
Aces (13) / WW2 Nth of 60 (1) (Total 14)
MTO (13) / Seaplanes/Floatplanes (1) (Total 14)
PTO (12) / Battle Of France (1) (Total 13)
WW2 D-day and after war in the west (12) / Spanish Civil War (2) (Total 14)
WW2 Night Fighters (7) / Cold War (2) (Total 9)
BoB (7) / WWI (2) (Total 9)
Carrier a/c 46-82 (5) / A/C of the movies (2) (Total 7)
WW2 Eastern Front (5) / Between the wars (3) (total 8)
Carrier a/c 39-45 (4) / ???????

Tie breaker mentions
Between the Wars (2), Eastern Front (3), Commonwealth(2), Night Fighters(2), Jet Fighters of WW2, D-Day, MTO, BoB, Multiple entries for aces,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back