Gday from Downunder

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Which markings are you using for the 'stang? My kit markings for 'Down for Double' are going spare if you need them, also have markings for WD-B 'The Duchess' going spare.
Sorry,I just realised I typed P51D when in fact I am making the P51B.
I was going to make the Bud Anderson version but the stripes killed me (the decals in this set are awful) so I opted for the F/O Fred Glover of the 336th FS/4th FG aka 'Rebel Queen'.Couple of the decals are a bit ordinary (as in my placement) but it's almost passable!:lol:
Just the painting of the canopy to do and I'm done.Pics tomorrow all going well.
Thanks for the offer though,very generous of you.;)
Cheers,
Tony.

What is it with Diggerland that the English finds so bl**dy attractive??

Hang on.....I'll take that question back! :oops:

Pah! Aussie gals are the best in the world!:) I should know,I live with 3 of them!8)
Cheers,
Tony.

Welcome to the forum from another newbie...

I am having a 1/48 Trumpeter Wellington put together for me by my friend who enjoys the work (for the cost of a couple of bottles of Red Australian wine).

However just to stir the pot a little - am not a judge of the lassies but I reckon the Kiwi lads have got an edge on the Aussie ones... Mind you having just come back from NZ I would be predjudiced (and yes I have been to Oz guys!)

Dee :lol:

Thank u for the welcome Dee and Maria:)
kiwi guys better looking than aussie guys u reckon? Well I'm a former Brit turned Aussie so where does that rate?:lol::lol:
Cheers,
Tony.

G'day tony and welcome from a fellow aussie (and an aussie named bruce)like to see some pics of the mustang .cheers!

Sorry,I just realised I typed P51D when in fact I am making the P51B.
I was going to make the Bud Anderson version but the stripes killed me (the decals in this set are awful) so I opted for the F/O Fred Glover of the 336th FS/4th FG aka 'Rebel Queen'.Couple of the decals are a bit ordinary (as in my placement) but it's almost passable!:lol:
Just the painting of the canopy to do and I'm done.Pics tomorrow all going well.
Thanks for the offer though,very generous of you.;)
Cheers,
Tony.

john soule has a lot of the 357th decals made up. if you havent gotten that far let me know. PM me.

john soule has a lot of the 357th decals made up. if you havent gotten that far let me know. PM me.
Thanks mate,I reckon somewhere down the track I'll make a 'Bud' P51 probably in 1/48 and this time I'll paint the stripes rather than use decals.8)
Cheers,
Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back