German fighters (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

can you specify which ones please?

KG 200 used several fighters from other countries:

Spitire PR. XI (England)
Mosquito (England)
P-38G (USA)
2 x P-51B (USA)
2 x Spitfire IX (England)
2 x P-47D-2-RA (USA)
3 x Typhoon (England)
P-51C (USA)
P-47D-11-RE (USA)
F-5E Lightning (USA)
La 5 (Russia)

Also other units used:

Avia B-534 (Czech)
Avia Bk-534 (Czech)
PZL P.7a (Poland)
Morane Saulnier MS 406C1 (France)
Dewoitine D.520C1 (France)
Gloster Gladiator Mk I (England)
Macchi Castoldi MC.202 Folgore (Italy)
Avia Bk-534

Last edited:
I've checked and found that JG 77 operated Macchi C.205 Veltro.
(Profile from Classic Publications)

Attachments

• Copy of 023.jpg
    Copy of 023.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
afaik alone foreign fighter in regular service as fighter in lw was macchi 205 in II/JG77 autumn '43

p.s. in WW2 times

Last edited:
Thanks all for your replies and efforts.

:duckie:

KG 200 used several fighters from other countries:

Spitire PR. XI (England)
Mosquito (England)
P-38G (USA)
2 x P-51B (USA)
2 x Spitfire IX (England)
2 x P-47D-2-RA (USA)
3 x Typhoon (England)
P-51C (USA)
P-47D-11-RE (USA)
F-5E Lightning (USA)
La 5 (Russia)

Avia B-534 (Czech)
Avia Bk-534 (Czech)
PZL P.7a (Poland)
Morane Saulnier MS 406C1 (France)
Dewoitine D.520C1 (France)
Gloster Gladiator Mk I (England)
Macchi Castoldi MC.202 Folgore (Italy)
Avia Bk-534

When did 'England' become an independant country !?

Off topic, but thought to mention it... In my country it is generally rare to use name United Kingdom or even Great Britain in every day talk. Usually the name England is used when referring to the UK. In every day talk I too have kind of habit to commonly use name England. In case of Adler's post I guess it's the similar thing in question.

Last edited:

:rolleyes:

Off topic, but thought to mention it... In my country it is generally rare to use name United Kingdom or even Great Britain in every day talk. Usually the name England is used when referring to the UK. In every day talk I too have kind of habit to commonly use name England. In case of Adler's post I guess it's the similar thing in question.

Exactly...

Last edited:

It might be common to refer to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland as England but in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and the Isle of Man it is considered rude and patronising. I am Welsh 1st, British 2nd and European a very very distant 3rd but I am not and never will be English. We have our own language and culture, our own sports teams which beat english teams quite regulary and a history that stretches back as far as Englands.

On a side note, over here in the states, we usually refer to Great Britain as Britain or more often, England. Scotland is refered to as Scotland, Ireland is Ireland, and the same goes for Wales and of course, Isle of Man. :)

On a side note, over here in the states, we usually refer to Great Britain as Britain or more often, England. Scotland is refered to as Scotland, Ireland is Ireland, and the same goes for Wales and of course, Isle of Man. :)

Wouldnt you be a bit annoyed if I called the United States Air Force the Texan air force after all why not its all America.

I was born and brought up in Wales I now live in England but I am not english note where I use e and where I use E. My partner was born and brought up in Latvia she now has a BRITISH passport and is very proud of it but she is not english.

In continental europe we Brits are considered to be rude ill educated drunkards but I would never consider for example calling someone from the Saxony region of Germany a Bavarian because I know it is rude and would upset them. I can understand an American calling me english after all we are a very small group of islands a long way from your country but why do Europeans still persist. Perhaps its history, at school I learnt about the 30 years war, the Diet of Worms, the continental system,the zollverien, Bismark and Garibaldi. Obviously no one from Europe bothers to learn about the Norman conquest, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glin'dwr or Charles Parnell.

Well actually, Adler was right. Those planes WERE all English. Southampton, Hatfield, Kingston and Gloucester are all in England, after all. So there.:lol:

Last edited:
Well actually, Adler was right. Those planes WERE all English. Southampton, Hatfield, Kingston and Gloucester are all in England, after all. So there.:lol:

1. Thank you Waynos. People are looking way to much into this. If they wish to be offended over nothing, so be it. I don't give a damn, because it was not intended to be that way.

2. Correct me if I am wrong. The Spitfire was not designed or built in Wales or Scottland or any other location was it? Then that makes the plane English!

Okay in future I will call the bf 109 a Bavarian aircraft and the Lockheed p38 a californian aircraft:confused:

You need to lighten up. You are looking way to much into it. ;)

Us true-Bluenosers ain't got much use for them there friggin' poseurs from Toronto, neither. An' don't even get me started on them frenchy separatists in Quebec! :evil:

JL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back