German fighters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spitz

Recruit
May 9, 2009
Hello I am wondering if Germany had any other fighters other than the Me-109. FW-190, and the Me-110.

I "googled" and not much can be found other than just prototypes and blueprints. Compared to some other nations, USA, England, Japan and Italy does not seem like they had as many fighters.

many

ME410 TA152 ME210 and alot more

Thanks, I am aware of the 262, but jets don't interest me. I love the sexy roar of a prop plane. 8)

Never heard of the TA152

any links to any info on it, as well as some other fighters.

And instead of creating a new message, may I ask if the the Me-109H ever saw combat service. My book says only a handful were ever produced.

Thank you for your time.

German fighters that saw service in WW2 (does not include aircraft that were only used as trainer, etc.):

Messerschmitt Bf 109
Messerschmitt Bf 110
Focke Wulf Fw 190A
Focke Wulf Fw 190D
Focke Wulf Ta 152
Dornier Do 335
Arado Ar 66
Arado Ar 68
Heinkel He 162
Messerschmitt Me 163
Messerschmitt Me 262
Heinkel He 100 (up for debate if any actually saw service)
Heinkel He 112 (not sure if it was used in WW2 or not, but it was used in the Spanish Civil War)
Heinkel He 219
Messerschmitt Me 210
Messerschmitt Me 410
Dornier Do-215B (used as a night fighter)
Dornier Do-217J and N (used as a night fighter)
Junkers Ju 88C and G (heavy fighter and night fighter)
Junkers Ju 388J (heavy fighter and night fighter)

Ar 66 was not a trainer ?

and Do 17Z as night fighter?

luftwaffe used also a small number of foreign production fighters

Last edited:
...And instead of creating a new message, may I ask if the the Me-109H ever saw combat service. My book says only a handful were ever produced.

Thank you for your time.
Your book is correct, the Bf109H was only used in a few missions. The project was cancelled because of wing flutter.

Another fighter was the Ta154

I think that Luftwaffe used some number of Italian Macchi C.202 Folgore, C.205 Veltro and Fiat G.55 fighters.
Fiat CR.42 biplanes were used by the Germans as night harassment aircraft and for anti partisan warfare.

Last edited:
You're right, I should have had more coffee before I posted that :lol:

The Ta154 didn't see combat...it's one of those aircraft designs that showed promise (like most of Kurt Tank's designs)

if harassment is enough many others go up in the list

That is a good question, how do we define harassment? :D Or what constitutes harassment.

Hello,

The Dornier Do 335 never saw active service

best regards chris

11 production variants were delivered for service, and in April 1944 Pierre Clostermann claims to have encountered one. Of course this is up for debate as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies all.

Much appreciated!

luftwaffe used also a small number of foreign production fighters

Hello,

can you specify which ones please?

I thought I remember reading that the Lufftwaffe had used a Belgian plane in the early years of the war. :?:

Thanks for your time.

The ones I know about:

Italian Reggiane Re.2002 2005, taken when Italy surrendered.

Romanian IAR 80 when Romania was occupied.

The Czech Avia 534 was a fighter, but it served as a trainer in German service.

They captured a number of French fighters when France fell, but I do not think they actually used them. I've seen pics of British and American planes in German colors, but do not know if they were used in combat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back