getting to know the real cute corporal...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have a mate who goes mental on ginger beer. We tried to ban her from drinking it, but she manafed to sneak a can in today...a fair part of it ended up in my pint of Stella, which made me a very unhappy bunny! :bad-words:

Try Gin and Ginger beer with lots of Ice it makes a really nice long drink for the summer.
And I just notice your pool pic Evan you look very happy though not too sure about the landing strip parting. ;)

Lemon Fanta is the best...

But not Lemon Fanta "Light", it tastes like a mysterious blend of cat vomit and seawater ;)

Carling is piss poor.

That...red Fanta stuff...is the best....

But I think we can all agree that Fanta is the best of some kind...and anyone who doesn't will be shot on sight....or site...sight...probably...but we won't see them...so site? :confused:

plan_D said:
You need a slap for saying that. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard! Why is it people actually think they can do that?

The only way the blades can go out of sync is if the gearbox breaks down or the drive-shaft gets f**k. And if that happens to ANY helicopter they're f**k. Other than a mechanical failure, it's impossible for them to touch.

They're in sync with one another, it's like a cog system. The blade on the front is inbetween two on the back.

I was meaning it more in a sarcastice way when I said mid air collision with itself. However my friend it happens more often then you think. We lost one here in Germany in the mid early 90's and we lost one in Kosovo when I was there because of the blades contacting themselves. There is a gearbox in the center of the aircraft in the middle of the driveshafts that syncs the blades. If that gearbox is not installed correctly or it fails the blades will contact. This more then likely will happen on the ground before you take however you would still be in a world of hurt.

Yes you are correct that if this happens you are screws in all aircraft however in aircraft such as a Blackhawk if the Intermediate or Tail rotor gear box fails (saying that the drive shaft is still in place, seperates from the flange and continues to allow the Main Rotor to spin :D ) as long as you keep the aircraft over 80 knots you can land the aircraft by doing a roll on landing. This is not possible in a Chinook my friend.

Isn't the technical term something like 'auto gyroscopic rotation'? As I understand it in laymans terms, if the engine cuts out, the rotors slap straight into netural and the helicopter decends like a scyamore seed.

It still takes some skill and nerve to control it on the way down though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back