Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once met a guy at an airport who owned an Ercoupe and was a student pilot with 172 hours. He said he just wanted to fly, he didn't need a private license.

A friend of mine, before he had his private license, took a ride with a man who owed a Piper Tri-Pacer and had been flying it all over the place for years. He told the pilot that he must be about ready to get his instrument rating. The guy replied, "No, that written test is just too hard." My friend replied, "What, the instrument rating written test is that hard?" The guy said, "Not the instrument written, the private pilot written. I can't pass it."

How would you like to be flying with someone and find out he does not even have a private license? But years later the guy flew his Tr-Pacer through a Oklahoma thunderstorm and nothing but pieces came out the other side.

How was a guy with no PPL taking people up for rides?

Same way that guy that had a B-17 over his gas station tried to fly one without a copilot and no experience in a Fortress. Crash it and get another one from the boneyard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread