Girls and Aircraft - Volume II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who say we have not invented Time Machines have never worked to maintain their own airplane.

There are people who say that the FAA should issue an Advisory Circular on getting divorced.

The fact that I love my wife is why I have not bought a plane yet. :lol:

...and I'm the Jazz musician that those royalites pay for....c'mon, daddy needs a new lear jet! \\:D/:hotsun:
No you don't. Tell your agent to only book the lucrative venues with a relaxed schedule, and buy a Pratt 1830 powered DC-3 with a custom interior and a king size bed and a gourmet galley, and travel in STYLE and arrive well rested.(theme song: Bob Seger's "Turn the Page") Stay away from Wright 1820s, they'll keep you awake; 1830s will lull you to sleep.

Last edited:
No you don't. Tell your agent to only book the lucrative venues with a relaxed schedule, and buy a Pratt powered DC-3 with a custom interior and a king size bed and a gourmet galley, and travel in STYLE and arrive well rested.(theme song: Bob Seger's "Turn the Page") Stay away from Wright 1820s, they'll keep you awake; 1830s will lull you to sleep.

We have a few of those PT-6 powered DC-3's (actually they are 1944 C-47's according to the regs) here at the airfield. The same company has some radial powered ones as well. Personally I prefer the radials. Sound much better...

tya.jpg

We have a few of those PT-6 powered DC-3's (actually they are 1944 C-47's according to the regs) here at the airfield. The same company has some radial powered ones as well. Personally I prefer the radials. Sound much better...
Putting turboprops on a three is a betrayal of the very essence of the bird. It's like yanking the motor out of a Harley and putting In a two stroke three cylinder Suzuki; replacing a relaxing low key rumble with a pulse pounding, vibrating screamer. You want to see a real travesty? At Oshkosh I once saw a Three with a pair of RR Darts.
Cheers,
Wes

Last edited:
In regards to the girl with the 450 Stearman, I assume the next picture in the sequence shows her propping it?

My high school physics teacher, a Naval Aviator from before WWII, told me just after I graduated from college,
"Flying is the world's greatest sport and the world's worst profession." While deeply involved in aircraft and space launch for my entire life since then, that's how I have approached my own personal flying.

One morning soon after sunup I was about to turn final at my local field and heard a Beech King Air pilot of a charter service announce he was taxiing to the active runway. Then I said I was turning final.

He came back, "What's that, an Ercoupe?"

I replied, "Yep, an Ercoupe."

He said, "How much fun is that!"

I responded, "You betcha!"

Poor guy, flying his office equipment.

No you don't. Tell your agent to only book the lucrative venues with a relaxed schedule, and buy a Pratt 1830 powered DC-3 with a custom interior and a king size bed and a gourmet galley, and travel in STYLE and arrive well rested.(theme song: Bob Seger's "Turn the Page") Stay away from Wright 1820s, they'll keep you awake; 1830s will lull you to sleep.
...and jet's only emit the gentle whoosh of a hot airstream...behind me. Smoother and even quieter...but I think I'll swap that Lear Jet for a HondaJet.
I take comfort in something built with Bushido. ;)

Elvis

Radials do sing an unique and appealing song. I ALWAYS know when one flies over the house.
My preference is the "pop-pop-pop" of a 5-cylinder. Granted, a Kinner K-5 makes a P&W R1820 seem like a Mazda Rotary, but I love hearing that engine run (its Russian counterpart, the Shvetsov M-11, has just as lovely a song, too).
Probably why I like the Meyers biplane and the PO-2 so much.

Elvis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back