gloster whittle E28/39 pioneer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
lately the more i get done at work the more models i get through,the latest is my gloster E28/39 by Novo,pics to follow shortly

bob489.jpg

bob491.jpg

bob490.jpg

bob504.jpg

bob505.jpg

bob492.jpg

bob507.jpg

i put this kit together in an evening and forgot to take any detailed photos ,doh!

never mind i will get some pics of the cockpit detail that you can see still on shortly

i used to as a teenager build upto 3 kits an evening including painting them ,finishing them off the next day with transfers,detailing etc much to the annoyance of my parents as they said i was anti-social spending so much time in my beloved shed(they didn't like the smell of the paint/glue],i learn't how to make very clean models without much effort although not as detailed as the fantastic efforts shown by others on this forum,i suppose i'm still doing this although my models are now a lot larger
bob037-1.jpg

This time around i thought i'd try to slow down a bit but old habits and all that,i find this site very interesting with the members being very skilled and resourceful in building such detailed models of subjects something i will not be able to replicate myself due to my nature of not building things slow enough,although my bigger projects are of a better quality,

bob291-1.jpg

bob289-1.jpg

bob290-1.jpg

Take your time, look at the finesse of the finish, and, even if not detailed, your models can be as good as your vehicle restoration. It's a very similar genre - just a lot smaller!
Attention to the basics of construction and finish will make the difference between a 'thrown together' model, and a masterpiece of miniature replication.

after having to leave this one for a while due to for some reason the undercarrage leg at the front going soft[it took nearly 2 weeks to harden again]i've now started the paintwork,pics to follow shortly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back