Going to be offline. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think I may need the condolences regarding Win 10 - I'm getting the hang of it, but I don't like the way some features have been re-arranged or changed. If it ain't broken, why fix the bl**dy thing !!
Apart from that the new computer is much faster, and small enough to have on a side table, with the printer/copier/scanner on top, allowing much more free space on and around the desk / workbench.
Almost finished re-arranging things in the lounge/office/modelling room/bar - just got to move and / or dump some bits of furniture, and dispose of the rubbish.
Anyone want two sacks of dust and cobwebs ?

I have been round pc from dos up. I think win10 is nice and stable. Certainly for normal use. I would suggest taking a good look at the privicy settings though. And kill every automated startup from programs. Depending on browser, it is worth to look how many are starting up. Firefox with clean install start up 3 . That eats many resources.
So look round the net about win10. Adjust wat you can and have fun.

Last edited:
Power users use Linux....

Or Unix but unfortunately I never learned it early enough. My computer was fitted with a new SSD and Win7 reinstalled in January so it does not suffer from bloat. Four 4tb hard drives give me adequate storage and 64gb RAM keep it fast. External backup is via 4tb discs in trays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back