Greatest aircraft ever?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yeah but it wasn't that good or that great, if you want a landmark plane, go for a bleriot (i know there's a funny puctuation mark thingy), he made the first flight from france to england, the first flight that was reckonised at the time as being of any significance............

you should look up the F-35, its amazing

Yes it is! It even resembles a smaller, STOVL capable F-22.

F-35 Joint Strike Fighter:
jsf12lk.jpg

Attachments

• f-35_2_611.jpg
    f-35_2_611.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 452
  • f-35_1_213.jpg
    f-35_1_213.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 458
well what has it done to make it so great?? most of the other planes mentioned have a claim to fame, they're done something special, what's the F-35 done?? it isn't even in service yet..............

greatness is not the same as ability, in terms of abilty i know it's very good however it's not great, for example i think the spitfire is a great plane as if you ask a member of the public that know's nothing of WWII aviation to name a WWII aircraft, there's a damned good chance they'll say the spitfire, they know nothing of WWII but they know about the spitfire, that's a great aircraft...............

evangilder said:
That may be true in England, Lanc, but you would probably hear Mustang or Corsair in the US. I think it depends alot on where the person you ask is from.

I think you'll hear Mustang alot in the U.S., as it is regarded as WW2's best fighter in the U.S..

Agreed, Soren. But I am not sure as most of the people I know have an active interest in WWII, so I am not sure what someone who knew little of WWII would say. I would think that most people recognize a Corsair because of the gull-wings.

the lancaster kicks ass said:
but you get my point yes?? greatness is not the same as ability.........
Ah, I see what you're getting at now. The F-4 Phantom was a great aircraft. Classic in fact, for the role it played in Vietnam. Used by the US Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force, in various models. I believe only the Air Force put a gun on it's Phantoms.

evangilder said:
Agreed, Soren. But I am not sure as most of the people I know have an active interest in WWII, so I am not sure what someone who knew little of WWII would say. I would think that most people recognize a Corsair because of the gull-wings.

Yes, your probably right. However its not like the Mustang is unrecognizable by non WWII entusiast's either, it is infact one of the most mentioned fighters. (Thats my experience at least ! :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back