Greatest aviation myth this site “de-bunked”.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I once toured the Slim Jim factory in the 1980s. I haven't touched one since. Makes the Spam production process look positively gourmet.

I once toured the Slim Jim factory in the 1980s. I haven't touched one since. Makes the Spam production process look positively gourmet.
I've accompanied teams doing maintenance on chicken mcnugget machines and whole hog pork grinders. They were my corporate passengers. Homemade sausage and home processed chicken only for me now. Can't stomach the golden arches or KFC, or "hormhell" any more.

Last edited:
Buddy worked in a brewery in Saskatchewan in the '70s. He said if you knew what went on there, you would never drink beer again. We never asked
I know what goes on there. I've brewed plenty myself and lived next door to a brewery for a couple years. It can be a messy business. Ah, but the aroma of fermentation! Ambrosia! (And the spent grains make great compost.)

Last edited:
I've accompanied teams doing maintenance on chicken mcnugget machines and whole hog pork grinders. They were my corporate passengers. Homemade sausage and home processed chicken only for me now. Can't stomach the golden arches or KFC, or "hormhell" any more.
My late brother, early in his life, worked at a Banquet Frozen Foods factory, packaging those fried chicken TV dinners. He wouldn't touch them, and told me not to partake, either.

I haven't been here in a few days and come back to find you guys have let me down. I saw the discussion about RR vs Packard and couldn't wait to find the TRUTH about the two versions of the Merlin.
Were there similar dissimilarities between the German, Italian and Japan versions of the Daimler-Benz DB 605?

Last edited:
Willy's enthusiastic "Yes!" to Hitler asking if it could be a bomber did, in fact, change the war to a certain degree.
First, it needs to be said that the Germans had absolutely no chance of winning the war.
In regards to the Me262 being made a Schnell bomber: it delayed the Me262's introduction and thus, saved countless Allied aircrew lives.
The Me262 was introduced far to late to have a physical impact on the war - by 1944, the writing was on the wall.

*IF* the He280 went into production in 1941/42 followed by the Me262, it would have certainly changed the face of the airwar over Europe, but in the end, Germany would have still been defeated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back