Groundhog Thread Part Deux - P-39 Fantasy and Fetish - The Never Ending Story (Mods take no responsibility for head against wall injuries sustained)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airplane is based virtually word for word on Zero Hour

Zero Hour in turn is based on Flight into Danger, a CBC made for TV movie staring James Doohan in the Ted Stryker Type role.
If you don't know who James Doohan is……..

Airplane is based virtually word for word on Zero Hour

Zero Hour in turn is based on Flight into Danger, a CBC made for TV movie staring James Doohan in the Ted Stryker Type role.
If you don't know who James Doohan is……..
Excellent! Ted Stryker is played by Dana Andrews. "I haven't been this sick since I watched that Ronald Reagan film."

Excellent! Ted Stryker is played by Dana Andrews. "I haven't been this sick since I watched that Ronald Reagan film."
Fun fact. When flight into danger was shown on the BBC it was so successful that the BBC poached the producer Sidney Newman. Sidney Newman created Police Surgeon which became The Avengers and was in large part responsible for a science fiction TV series some of you may have heard of, Dr Who.

Wait, do you mean to say you've never seen the early '80's classic "Airplane"? My God man, I feel so bad for you. This was back when they still made bona fide movies.
Nope. Spoilsport that I am, I was too busy flying the line (1400 hrs a year with a 4 hour commute each way), renovating a shack into a home, and teaching my girlfriend to fly to waste time in a movie theater. The only movie I remember seeing in those days was "Always", Steven Spielberg's updated take on the old classic, "A Man Named Joe".

"A Guy Named Joe"

"A guy named Joe" was way better than "Always". You must see "Airplane", you are missing a slice of life that no man should be without.

Quite interesting, only one doubt I have. How do the water injection works? If you mix gasoline with water, don't it make harder to ignite the gasoline? How do you keep the water from freezing at high altitude? With a heater in the water tank? With exhaust gases?

Users who are viewing this thread