Groundhog Thread Part Deux - P-39 Fantasy and Fetish - The Never Ending Story (Mods take no responsibility for head against wall injuries sustained) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The one I can never get my head around is 'next Friday'. Is that the next Friday you come across so, on a Wednesday, it would be this week's Friday or is it the Friday next week which is the 2nd Friday you get to? Don't get me started on 'Friday week'. I always have to confirm with the date. Have we digressed?
Next Friday would be the Friday after this Friday.

The one I can never get my head around is 'next Friday'. Is that the next Friday you come across so, on a Wednesday, it would be this week's Friday or is it the Friday next week which is the 2nd Friday you get to? Don't get me started on 'Friday week'. I always have to confirm with the date. Have we digressed?
It depends where you are (like all these things) In UK the coming Friday is "This Friday" and the following one is "next Friday". They all make perfect sense until you meet people with a different convention, as with units of various measures they all made sense until people started trading across the world and science started linking them all together. To understand it you need to understand cricket. The imperial system was killed in UK by adding machines and calculators which couldn't cope with or present financial transactions, my brother used to sell them in the sixties.

I can neither confirm nor deny that any of this so called "button pushing" has ever taken place on my watch. And as far as my car keys, I'm sending both you and pbehn a bill for replacement keys and fobs. Since I can't get into my vehicle I've been stuck here at the Blue Parrot Bar and Grille for the last couple of days. Although I must say, the floor show is simply fabulous...

Don't forget to send your bar tab as well!

Cheers,
Biff

I can neither confirm nor deny that any of this so called "button pushing" has ever taken place on my watch. And as far as my car keys, I'm sending both you and pbehn a bill for replacement keys and fobs. Since I can't get into my vehicle I've been stuck here at the Blue Parrot Bar and Grille for the last couple of days. Although I must say, the floor show is simply fabulous...
Hate to tell you this, but you shoulda looked at the pavement markings when you parked the other night. You were in a "RESERVED" spot the Admiral uses when he hangs out incognito at the Parrot, and your "vehicle" (heap? wreck? jalopy?) now resides in the base impoundment compound. It can be redeemed for the price of a $500 fine and tow charge, an updated registration, and an inspection sticker. And you were so absorbed with the pulchritude you didn't even notice it was gone.
Cheers,
Wes

I thoroughly despise what Mr. Bell did to the United Kingdom in 1939/40/41.
That was then. During 1943 the Russians, our allies needed something much
greater than the P-400/P-39D-1 they were given as hand-me-downs earlier
in the war. They received such in the P-39N and later P-39Qs. Most of the
discussion so far has been of the earlier Airacobras.:facepalm:.
Good night all, Jeff:cool::watching::thumbright::facepalm:

Last edited:
test.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back