Groundhog Thread Part Deux - P-39 Fantasy and Fetish - The Never Ending Story (Mods take no responsibility for head against wall injuries sustained)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, but did you find my car keys?
So those were yours? The pushbutton on the big plastic-headed one set off my neighbour's burglar alarm, and we couldn't shut it off, and she wasn't home and the cops showed up and the security company showed up, and we had a lot of explaining to do. I'll forward the bill to you. Also my lawyer's bill and the bill for the fine and court costs.
Cheers,
Wes

Last edited:
Exactly. Just like putting "pre" in front of everything. Words mean things. Pre means before, so pre existing means before it exists, therefore what we really mean is "existing". Apply that to all words with pre. We really mean approved, drilled, etc. There are very few words in English that are valid with pre in front. --- Are we drifting far enough?

So those we're yours? The pushbutton on the the big plastic-headed one set off my neighbour's burglar alarm, and we couldn't shut it off, and she wasn't home and the cops showed up and the security company showed up, and we had a lot of explaining to do. I'll forward the bill to you. Also my lawyer's bill and the bill for the fine and court costs.
Cheers,
Wes
OK, that's it sailor, we're not bringing you to the 'Gentlemen's Club' after we finish working on the Cobra wonder plane, besides, what kind of Navy do we have that they didn't teach you deck apes anything about button pushing?

As far as fees go, you'll be hearing from my attorneys, the famous law team of Dewey Cheetam and Howe. :p

OK, that's it sailor, we're not bringing you to the 'Gentlemen's Club' after we finish working on the Cobra wonder plane, besides, what kind of Navy do we have that they didn't teach you deck apes anything about button pushing?
The panic button on that key sticks out so far, I'm surprised you haven't set off your own alarm just putting your keys in your pocket! Or are you just not telling, perhaps?
You couldn't drag me into the "0" Club if you tried! For you it might be just a letter in your personnel jacket if anyone noticed, but for me it would be a court martial for sure. Besides, I ain't inta talkin' couth like y'all ociffer dudes. "Quarter deck is quarter deck and lower deck is lower deck, and never the twain shall meet,"
Cheers
Wes

Last edited:
The panic button on that key sticks out so far, I'm surprised you haven't set off your own alarm just putting your keys in your pocket! Or are you just not telling, perhaps?
You couldn't drag me into the "0" Club if you tried! For you it might be just a letter in your personnel jacket if anyone noticed, but for me it would be a court martial
for sure. Besides, I ain't inta talkin' couth like y'all ociffer dudes. "Quarter deck is quarter deck and lower deck is lower deck, and never the twain shall meet,"
Cheers
Wes

Wes,

Sorry to break the news to you, but there no longer is an Officers or Enlisted Club in the USAF. It's now called the All Ranks Club and is usually open only for special occasions.

Cheers,
Biff

Wes,

Sorry to break the news to you, but there no longer is an Officers or Enlisted Club in the USAF. It's now called the All Ranks Club and is usually open only for special occasions.

Cheers,
Biff
Thankfully, the Nav still has some respect for tradition! Least they did last time I checked, anyway. Rank miscegenation is still not approved as far as I know.

Last edited:
Our tech orders allowed us to use the Officers' Club but after a couple visits, we decided to hang out at the Chiefs' Club instead.
Service was better and friendlier and the food was the same.

- Ivan.

after a couple visits, we decided to hang out at the Chiefs' Club instead.
Our CPO club was a veritable lion's den. If one of us dixie cup sailors stuck our head in there, it was liable to get bitten off. That was their refuge after putting up with us all day.
There even was an Acey-Ducey club for 1st and 2nd class petty officers, but when I went there after I made 2nd, it was "suggested" that the club was for career sailors, and that, since I was known to be longing for civilian life, I should go back to the EM club with the rest of the brats. Turns out that club was the refuge of the black shoe minority, awash in a sea of airedales. Black shoes weren't making rank anywhere near as fast as airedales, and the resentment was deep seated.
Cheers,
Wes

Last edited:
Our CPO club was a veritable lion's den. If one of us dixie cup sailors stuck our head in there, it was liable to get bitten off. That was their refuge after putting up with us all day.
There even was an Acey-Ducey club for 1st and 2nd class petty officers, but when I went there after I made 2nd, it was "suggested" that the club was for career sailors, and that, since I was known to be longing for civilian life, I should go back to the EM club with the rest of the brats. Turns out that club was the refuge of the black shoe minority, awash in a sea of airedales. Black shoes weren't making rank anywhere near as fast as airedales, and the resentment was deep seated.
Cheers,
Wes

That's a big difference between the USN and the USAF. The hierarchy in the Navy is alive and well defined. We have some good friends/couple who are/were enlisted Navy. It took them a while to interact with me "normally". Luckily I have a never ending supply of humor and sarcasm with which I greased the wheels of progress!

Cheers,
Biff

*SNIP*

Cheers
Wes
I can neither confirm nor deny that any of this so called "button pushing" has ever taken place on my watch. And as far as my car keys, I'm sending both you and pbehn a bill for replacement keys and fobs. Since I can't get into my vehicle I've been stuck here at the Blue Parrot Bar and Grille for the last couple of days. Although I must say, the floor show is simply fabulous...

Last edited:
One of the joys of the English language Japanese say Bi-weekly, most Europeans say bi-monthly while the brits sit in the middle saying "fortnight" Ive been in a meeting when it happened.
The one I can never get my head around is 'next Friday'. Is that the next Friday you come across so, on a Wednesday, it would be this week's Friday or is it the Friday next week which is the 2nd Friday you get to? Don't get me started on 'Friday week'. I always have to confirm with the date. Have we digressed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back