Guess who got accepted on an aircraft technicians course.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, all. Awww, les, you actually told me not to kill myself. Really means a lot, dude. :lol:

Maestro said:
It's a bit late, but congratulations Plan_D.

Did you know that the guy in the video survived ? He was interviewed on TV a while back. I think he only had a broken arm.

Yeah i know, he was actually on Oprah about that once if I recall,he had said that when he got sucked in his shoulder stopped him at the rim of the intake, so it was a broken shoulder, and a collar bone (Im not an Oprah fan I was waiting for Doctor Phil)

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Dont forget the:

Exhaust Sample
100 Grid Squares
A bucket of Rotor Wash (which actually exists in the Air Force)
Slime Light Fluid

I actually had some fun with some of those.

About a month a go I sent a guy to get me a exhaust sample. He was fairly new and enthusiastic about it. He was like "Sarg how do I do that! Yes I get to do something on the aircraft finally!" I told him to go to the Maintenance Officer and ask him for the "Special Brown Bag" ofcourse when the Maintenance Officer asked him what the hell he was talking about he told him it was for the Exhaust Sample! I could not stop laughing and neither could the Maintenance Officer. Later the soldier asked me why I set him up for failure and I told him I did not do such a thing, but rather I tought him something to do later when he is in my shoes! :lol:

A couple of weeks ago I sent another soldier looking for "Slime Light Fluid". ("Slime Lights" are our formation lights and we call them Slime Lilghts because of the color that the are. There is no such thing as Slime Light Fluid or anythign like that, in fact there is no liquid in the lights on the aircraft). I told him was very important and that if he did not get any, the aircraft would not fly later that night because it was restricted from Night Flight then. Anyhow he too ran off to the POL people and they immediatly knew what was going on and told him that he needed to go to Production Control because it was a very hazardous fluid. So he runs off to Production Control who did not know what was going on. They did not know what he was talking about so he told them what POL told him and they called me on the phone. I told them on the phone it was a prank and to play along and send him to the unit in the next hanger over. Well they did so and while they did I called the next hanger and told them about it and told them to send him to the next unit and so forth all the way down the whole flight line.

Meanwhile 2 hours later he finally shows up at the Medvac hanger (whome I allready called and told about it). They got a small oil sample bottle, made a lable for it, gave the slime light fluid a scientific name, broke a Chemlight and poured the slime green colored chemlight fluid into the bottle and gave it to him. They also gave him a resperator and some gloves and told him to be very careful. That is was toxic, was not allowed to come contact with sunlight or be shaken and not inhaled.

He comes back to the hanger with this bottle, all proud because he is doing somehting so serious and dangerous. He hands me the bottle, I told him to get the mask and gloves on before he opens it. Meanwhile as he is doing that, I drop the bottle in the office and it breaks and the fluid goes everywhere. The whole office screams and evacuates the office.

Meanwhile this soldier is flipping out a bit because this highly toxic stuff is spilled. We take him outside and hose him down with water and pour anti toxic slime fluid powder (foot powder) on his uniform to get rid of the toxic acid on him.

After he looks like a birthday cake we tell him what it was! :lol:

Rotor wash is the wind and vortexes made by the blades of a helicopter in flight. Kind of like the wake from a boat but with air. Anyhow we tell people to go and get some and they think it is the stuff to wash aircraft with (in the army the real stuff is called ACFT SOAP [how original huh?]. They allways get made fun of.

One time this however blew back in my face. We had landed at an Airforce Base in Iraq and I told a new crew chief to go to the Airforce and get some Rotor Wash. He enthusiastically runs off and about 20 minutes later comes back with a large container labeled "Rotor Wash" and thats what it was. The Airforce calls "ACFT SOAP" either Rotor Wash or Prop Wash depending on who makes it. :lol:

Great!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I would not be so quick to speak Hussars! :lol:

Attachments

• signcanada.jpg
    signcanada.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 101
DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Dont forget the:

Exhaust Sample
100 Grid Squares
A bucket of Rotor Wash (which actually exists in the Air Force)
Slime Light Fluid

I actually had some fun with some of those.

About a month ... :lol:

Man, that was a great story. Loved it. Emailed it to my brother who is also a prankster. He'll get a charge out of it.

I've just found out there's a place in a nearby town for an aerospace engineering apprenticeship, on account of the fact they say a C at GCSE Maths isn't essential and it's a NVQ (which stands for Not Very qualified) 2 course i think I'll pass and stay with A-levels, although they're now trying to make A-levels harder to make the really bright students stand out..........

Yeah, I am Eric. I don't know exactly where I'm going to end up at the moment, that's the beauty of it. I was told we were going to visit Airbus design team during the course, and some people might like to apply for them during the two years. I never know, somewhere along the line I could want to design aircraft (not likely).

That sounds like a crock, lanc, we have to have Maths, Science and English at C or above. And two other GCSEs C or above. We get a BTEC National Diploma in Aerospace Engineering, Level 3. Which can lead to EASA Part 66 studies for the Aircraft Maintenance Licence. Which I want.

it's fairly obvious who it is meatball ;)

and it would've been piss easy pD that's why it was only for an NVQ level two anyway, i should be getting 11 GCSEs one of which should be an A* in maths so it may've been a little baisic, the plan for me is to go on to get 4 A levels and an As before going on to study civil engineering at Plymouth Uni or Aerospace engineering at Bath, both of which are 4 year Meng courses i believe, my only worry is that taking on 5 As courses in year 12 will be too much for me..........

Thank you, Crippen. And I will love it. The course is based at North Notts College which is where the classroom studies will be. But the practical studies take place at Robin Hood Airport.

Four years is a long time to be studying Aerospace Engineering, lanc, unless you aim for higher education like HNC, HND, FD etc. Personally, I prefer a route into the industry that's why this course is perfect for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back