Halloooo Darwin.. Earth calling.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

k9kiwi

Staff Sergeant
Jul 2, 2006
Kiwi Land
From FOX News...

BRUSSELS, Belgium — An animal lover was mauled to death by cheetahs after entering their cage at a zoo in northern Belgium, authorities and zoo officials said Monday.

Karen Aerts, 37, of Antwerp, was found dead in the cage, Olmense Zoo spokesman Jan Libot said. Police said they ruled out any foul play.

Authorities believe Aerts, a regular visitor to the zoo, hid in the park late Sunday until it closed and managed to find the keys to the cheetah cage.

"Karen loved animals. Unfortunately the cheetahs betrayed her trust," Libot said.

One of the cats that killed Aerts was named Bongo, whom the woman had adopted under a special program. She paid for Bongo's food, Libot said.

Animal rights group GAIA called for the immediate closure of the zoo, located 55 miles northeast of Brussels, saying it was unsafe for both visitors and the cats.

Rudy Demotte, the Belgian minister responsible for animal welfare, sent a team to investigate.

-------------------

WTF.

It is dangerous for visitors when they break into large cats cages to pat the wee puddy tat. :rolleyes:

It is only dangerous for the cats if they choke on the plonker due to not chewing their food well enough. :lol:

Not kidding. That would be expected instead of blaming the nit wit for causing distress to the Cheetahs. some animal rights group wants to close down the zoo. which is possibley linked to other animal welfare groups trying to save endangered species in the wild like Cheetahs and other large cats by bringining in breeding programs and trying to stop poaching of these animals in the wild. so there is a reserve of animals left for future generations to see and to keep the Cheetahs in captivity to ensure breeding programs can help the other animals in the wild and natural enviroment whence the Cheetahs come from originally. reminds me Wild that some animal welfare groups want Sea World in Queensland closed for similar reasons. yet Sea World spends millions of dollars each year on the study of aquatic animals and the protection of said animals in the world. Its a bit like they the animal right campaigners can't see the bloody woods for the trees

LOL, pb :lol:

Animal rights group GAIA called for the immediate closure of the zoo, located 55 miles northeast of Brussels, saying it was unsafe for both visitors and the cats.

They shouldn't close because some twat decided they wanted to be cat food. Just because the broke in and got eaten, surely only people who are really stupid (and don't deserve to be alive) would even think about breaking into a cage full of big cats...

Emac.

Breath slowly, take a big breath. After that continuous verbosity, breathing is good.

I know I know Kiwi but stupid people make me see red and the lack of common sense of some just makes me want to throttle them silly pricks. Alas the Cheetahs got in first. Just hope the cats didn't have upset stomaches afterwards. And as Gnomey said because some silly twat wanted to be cat food. why close the zoo because some idiot had a death wish

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) – An apparent illegal immigrant was rescued from an ice floe about 1.5 kilometres upstream from Niagara Falls, authorities said.

Guards from Ontario Power Generation said they heard the man screaming for help at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday near the company's water intakes near Chippawa, Ont.

Peter Larsen, a control dam operator at the intakes, said if the man hadn't been discovered, "he would have gone through one of those gates and then very likely could have been swept over the falls."

Rescuers in boats plucked the shivering man from the ice floe and got him ashore.

Authorities said the unidentified 42-year-old man had an inflatable air mattress with him and was apparently trying to get to the United States. The ice chunk he was on apparently broke loose.

The man was treated for mild hypothermia before being charged by Canadian immigration authorities.

Funny/odd thing about the chick with the Cheetah is, and I'm going on memory here, Cheetah's only feed on Thompson's Gazelles. Not people. They are a very specialized cat. Leopard's will eat anything but not the Cheetah. My understanding is they will practically starve rather than eat something else.

So this nutcase who climbs in with the cat (doubtless because she wanted to be close to the animal and probably felt sorry for it being in a cage) was actually threatening the cat. The cat, being a cat, did what cats do and attacked an intruder into it's space.

Idiot.

"Karen loved animals. Unfortunately the cheetahs betrayed her trust," Libot said.

I love it when animal rights wackos anthropomorphize wild animals. Dumb****s. To the last one of them. Dumb****s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back