Hamilton Airshow 2013

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beautiful, Jeff. That B-25 with the guns in the nose looks awesome!

Yea, I agree. She has been a gun nose for many many years ( as long as the CWH has owned her she has had a solid nose ) and the top turret is new this year. She used to have one and then it disappeared for a few years but the new one looks great.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff, we must have been within twenty feet of each other. I too was at that same location, though along the short fence running perpendicular to the runway that bordered on the grand stand. Shame I didn't see you.

Will sort some more pictures and post tonight or over the weekend.

Saturday had a large turnout as can be seen below. I always get a kick out of all the fancy lenses turned skyward for the opening parachute drop.

13060901.jpg

13060902.jpg

13060903.jpg

13060904.jpg

13060905.jpg

The Mitchell, Corsair and Firefly did a few passes together. Interesting flaps on the Firefly shown in these pics. I had not seen them deployed before.

IMG_5868 Posted.jpg

IMG_5884 Posted.jpg

IMG_5897 Posted.jpg

IMG_5865 Posted.jpg

IMG_5921 Posted.jpg

IMG_5926 Posted.jpg

IMG_5875 Posted.jpg

IMG_5923 Posted.jpg

Great pics Andy. I like the lack of barriers around the static display, although of course it means waiting until the crowds disperse before shots of the complete aircraft can be taken. But the big advantage is getting up close for detail shots!

Yep. That's why one must get there early. I didn't take any detail shots of these particular aircraft because I took some 2 years ago. I have a few of the Corsair and Firefly from then and would be happy to post if anyone is interested. And, Terry, I though of you and your Mossie FBVI when I took these detail shots of the restored gunbay. A very impressive restoration indeed:

IMG_5269 Posted.jpg

IMG_5270 Posted.jpg

IMG_5271 Posted.jpg

IMG_5291 Posted.jpg

Great shots Andy, and you're right, it's a beaut restoration job ! I'm still undecided about opening up the cannon bay (when I finally get back to the model!), but having seen these, I'm very tempted!

Great shots chaps! Andy, that first pic of yours of the Avenger really shows just how big that brute is!
Without the wings and prop to balance things out and 'soften' the bulk, it really does show the size, especially with those blokes standing under the nose!
Some great detail shots too - could have done with those for the PTO GB a couple of years back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back