Hamilton Airshow 2013 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andy, did you manage to get, or notice, any of the other veterans names?
In the second photo in your first post, the chap second from the right, in dark blazer, blue shirt, and wearing glasses, looks rather like Noel Shrimpton, who flew a number of low-level strikes in the Mosquito FBVI, including the Shell House raid. He ended up post war in a Government post, until retirement. His Navigator was Peter Lake, an Australian.

Thanks Andy. Nothing in the second link, and don't know how to get around the Facebook thingy, but no problem. To be honest, I'm not sure if Noel is still with us, but that sure looks like him. Really nice bloke, a real gentleman, and a heck of a service record on Mossies.

When I get back to Calgary, I'll ask Bob if he received a list of attendees and will post then.

Aw, thanks mate! Don't go to any trouble though - I was just curious. Been looking for his address, but think it's still with my ex-wife - I must ask her.

Wow, that line up is just too cool! Terrific photos Andy; seeing the Mosquito makes my ticker skip a beat! Looking forward to more. :)

OK, I'm going to post these by subject so it may seem a bit disjointed. Although the star of the show was actually the Mosquito, I was actually excited to get up close to the FW190 for the first time. So when I got there Saturday, I made a bee line straight for the parked 190 to get some pics:

IMG_5742 Post.jpg

IMG_5744 Post.jpg

IMG_5748 Post.jpg

IMG_5749 Post.jpg

IMG_5782 Post.jpg

IMG_5783 Post.jpg

IMG_5784 Post.jpg

After my ramp walk in the morning, I proceeded to the flight line and found a spot against the fence at the far western end of the runway which afforded a good view of the taxiing aircraft and some nifty opportunities for some take-off pics with the wheels retracting.

IMG_6022 Post.jpg

IMG_6030 Post.jpg

IMG_6031 Post.jpg

IMG_6032 Post.jpg

IMG_6038 Post.jpg

IMG_6093 Post.jpg

IMG_6129 Post.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back