Hasegawa 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero (Captured Pt.1)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
I've got plenty of time on my hands for a while and I'm wasting it waiting for stuff to dry in my GB thread so I thought I would start this.

Capture.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Untitled.png

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

FROM THIS SITE

Doing the worn paint should be interesting. Got a plan? I have several IJN and IJA fighters in the stash that call for the worn paint look but I've been too chicken to try it.

Thanks all. Glenn, I had some success with the hairspray method on my N1K1 George so I'll give it another go. Prepping the innards for paint. First off, open up some lightning holes in the seat...

IMG_0003.JPG

Hasegawa, for what ever reason molded two pieces as one and then wants you to cut them apart...

IMG_0004.JPG

....so....cutty, cutty and attach. Clean up of course was done after attaching and picture taking.

IMG_0006.JPG

Innards ready for paint

IMG_0010.JPG

I've read that this is a good interior match and some of the photos in books bear this out. Weathering will of course change the colours

IMG_0012.JPG

Innards almost done save for the seat harnesses and some minor touch-ups. Used a new to me flat coat after weathering, Vallejo Matte Varnish Acrylic Resin. It dulls Future good but is streaky hence the look of the cockpit floor. Not too sure why the cockpit floor is that long. Nothing will be seen once the fuselage is closed.

IMG_0010.JPG

Hard to see but the box on the left is a dark green; some Japanese control boxes were this color (dust is compliments of another project).

IMG_0012.JPG

Instrument Panel took several sessions to do in order to save my eyes

IMG_0014.JPG

Should have this buttoned up and prepped for paint shortly. For some reason the is going faster than my current GB; parts count perhaps. Eduard seems to have overwhelmed me with their many details. Not saying its a bad thing but it is time consuming. Masking up the 109 shortly

Beauty. Looking at all those panels on the canopy/windscreen I'm glad I ordered the Eduard canopy masks yesterday. That picture also brings up a question....looking at it and the period photo I posted above, exactly what am I seeing underneath the worn out camo in the period photo, metal, primer or a combination?

Don't forget to mount the tail wheel before closing up.....Don't forget to mount the tail wheel before closing up.....Don't forget to mount the tail wheel before closing up!!! Closed it up before mounting the tail wheel. Lucky I had only glued the top of the fuselage and was able to pry the bottom wide enough to install the tail wheel which would have been almost impossible at a later time. Small seam to deal with on the rear deck but an all around good fit

a.JPG

I really like out of the ordinary and historically significant subjects. Can't wait to this one finished. Looks great so far, and I know it will turn out great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back