Hasegawa 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero (Captured Pt.1)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The chipping looks cool, and the like the faded color, oh sorry, colour.

Thanks all. Still waiting for the canopy masks coming from France so I thought I'd do the bottom camo, Tamiya XF-19 - Sky Grey, one of dozens of call outs for the colour.

1587694973045.png

Tomorrow I'll spray the aluminum in the places that will get wear, rear fuselage and wings.

Gott im Himmel...........I spent all that time ruining my eyes and going back over the photo I notice the furlushinger thing isn't carrying cannon.

Not so fast there, Sparky... I was looking at the photo you posted again since you mentioned it, Geo and BI-05 does have the cannon fitted in that picture. I just looked at the Warprizes book and again you can make out the cannon.

49812395512_4840e268c4_c.jpg
BI-05

I hope it is only a trick of camera, or optics, but the picture of the prop makes it appear that the prop is "backwards" -i.e. rotates in the clockwise - viewed from the front - direction. Please tell me that the picture lies, because I had never heard that Japanese radials were opposite their American (design) forebears...

Great work, by the way....!

Thanks to GrumpyOldCrewChief GrumpyOldCrewChief for pointing out an error and has been corrected. I just looked at the instruction wrong.....again. I thought part B9 fit inside the propeller

IMG_0001.JPG

Instead it fits on top. Not sure why they chose this way as you have to glue it to the propeller and then ensure that it fits onto the engine.

IMG_0002.JPG

Anyhoo.....still waiting for the canopy masks. After the news I'm going down to spray all the relevant areas aluminum to prepare for chipping and when dry I'll apply the hairspray. Hopefully the masks will arrive before St Swithin's Day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back