Hasegawa 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero (Captured Pt.1)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you. Sprayed Tamiya XF-11 J.N. Green over the rudder and painted over Hinomarus. For the sprayed over insignia I masked with Oracal Oramask 810 stencil film cut with a circle cutter. This stuff is low tack and didn't lift the paint or bleed under, no extra de-tack required.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'll let this set up and then gloss coat

Thanks guys. Started the deecals. From the get-go I thought the fuselage roundel looked too small but I thought maybe it was just an illusion. Well sirs, not an illusion. I placed one on the model and indeed....too small. I grabbed some spares from the stash. The red center as supplied is too large.Also note that the writing is a bit smaller and the numbers a tad too large. Nothing to be done here so I'll live with it.

IMG_6008.JPG

Masking and painting the red center could have been a relatively simple solution but it looks pretty damn nice anyway!

Thanks Andy. At the moment I have nothing to make a circle that small. Lookee what I found nuuumannn nuuumannn

IMG_6011.JPG

Could have sworn that I trashed them once I cut them off but I found them in a Tupperware tray that I use when I do a few builds at a time. Its divided into three and I keep the small parts in it. Cannons are a mm shorter. Speaking of landing gear, I was struggling to get them to hang straight down. They are handed and like an idiot I cut them from the sprue in order to paint them and didn't keep track of which was which. They kept on leaning inward slightly. I decided to check my books before making some modifications to get them to hang straight down. I was not aware they canted slightly inward ala the Fw 190

1591502120577.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back