Hasegawa 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero (Captured Pt.1)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Doing the worn paint should be interesting. Got a plan? I have several IJN and IJA fighters in the stash that call for the worn paint look but I've been too chicken to try it.

Nice one Geo.

Should have my bench clear of nearly finished models later today and have been looking what to build next.

Its been like Jaguar, no Sabre, ooh Phantom, but which one RAF or Israeli ?

Thanks all. Glenn, I had some success with the hairspray method on my N1K1 George so I'll give it another go. Prepping the innards for paint. First off, open up some lightning holes in the seat...

Hasegawa, for what ever reason molded two pieces as one and then wants you to cut them apart...

....so....cutty, cutty and attach. Clean up of course was done after attaching and picture taking.

Innards ready for paint

I've read that this is a good interior match and some of the photos in books bear this out. Weathering will of course change the colours

Innards almost done save for the seat harnesses and some minor touch-ups. Used a new to me flat coat after weathering, Vallejo Matte Varnish Acrylic Resin. It dulls Future good but is streaky hence the look of the cockpit floor. Not too sure why the cockpit floor is that long. Nothing will be seen once the fuselage is closed.

Hard to see but the box on the left is a dark green; some Japanese control boxes were this color (dust is compliments of another project).

Instrument Panel took several sessions to do in order to save my eyes

Should have this buttoned up and prepped for paint shortly. For some reason the is going faster than my current GB; parts count perhaps. Eduard seems to have overwhelmed me with their many details. Not saying its a bad thing but it is time consuming. Masking up the 109 shortly

Beauty. Looking at all those panels on the canopy/windscreen I'm glad I ordered the Eduard canopy masks yesterday. That picture also brings up a question....looking at it and the period photo I posted above, exactly what am I seeing underneath the worn out camo in the period photo, metal, primer or a combination?

Don't forget to mount the tail wheel before closing up.....Don't forget to mount the tail wheel before closing up.....Don't forget to mount the tail wheel before closing up!!! Closed it up before mounting the tail wheel. Lucky I had only glued the top of the fuselage and was able to pry the bottom wide enough to install the tail wheel which would have been almost impossible at a later time. Small seam to deal with on the rear deck but an all around good fit

I really like out of the ordinary and historically significant subjects. Can't wait to this one finished. Looks great so far, and I know it will turn out great.

Users who are viewing this thread