Hasegawa 1:48 Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero (Captured Pt.1)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Waiting for masks to show up before I start painting. Out of boredom I've started hollowing out the cannons

Did a test fit of the cowling to the air frame and was surprised by the gap

I was about to start grinding but I went through some books. The fit isn't a good as I thought though it might need a little refinement

Gott im Himmel...........I spent all that time ruining my eyes and going back over the photo I notice the furlushinger thing isn't carrying cannon. I did notice two other things as well that will add to the paint scheme....fuselage Himomarus and rudder have fresh paint. Decal sheet, which is buried in a decal stash box will confirm all this

Thanks Glenn. Hope to have this chipped up after I get home tomorrow. From what I've been reading, the quicker you attack the paint after spraying, the more the paint comes off. As an aside, I've finally found out what those squares on the gear cover are for....weight indicators though I'm not sure what weight they are indicating.

Thanks gents. Painted up the cowling for the hairspray chip test. First up Tamiya XF11: Flat Aluminum and let dry. Sprayed on the hairspray and let dry for a few hours. Next up I mixed some XF63: German Grey with a toothpick load of X3: Royal Blue. This is supposed to represent the faded cowling colour

I waited an hour, added some water on top of the grey and started brushing with a stiff Citadel Dry Brush. For the first few minutes nothing happened and I was starting to worry. All of a sudden we start getting some action. This all took less than 10 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread