Hasegawa A6M2B - 1st build, ? on squadron/history

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fatboris

Airman
Mar 4, 2010
Colorado
Did a snap together with my son and got the bug to start doing models, so this is my first kit. Not knowing anything other than Hasegawa's seemed spendy (so they must OK) and I found one in the clearance bin for $19, I bought it.

Hasegawa A6M2b 265th Flying Group sku: HAS09573 Here's the kit

That said, I know I can get insane and buy decals, etc... I don't want to do that yet, just want to get an idea of the history on this plane, squadron, group....whatever. The box says 265th Flying Group but the instructions with paint schemes say "'Ikazuchi Butai' 256th Flying Group Shinchiku A.B. Taiwan Jan. 1944" and "'Ikazuchi Butai' 256th Flying Group Shinchiku A.B. Taiwan Feb. 1944" The markings on the tail are a yellow lightning bolt with a Japanese symbol and black #'s "134" for the Feb version and a white Japanese symbol and white #'s "120"

I've looked around the internet and haven't been able to find anything. I think it's 265th FG and the instructions are typos but not sure. Even went to j-aircraft and found nothing.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me and help a rookie out? Thanks.

:D Thanks for the info, great stuff. It just adds another dimension when you're building and you know a little about the history of the plane. That's when it stops being a piece of plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back