Have a question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

maxmwill

Airman 1st Class
Apr 18, 2011
Is there a 1/72 scale recoilless rifle? Preferably the M20. This is for a whif, a what if. I bought a 1/72 Fly Models Avrocar, and want to paint it in Army colors(only one, olive drab) kitted out for a bit of NOE flying to
knock out a tank. I found plenty of recoilless rifles in other scales, 1/35, 1/144, and 1/48, but none in 1/72.

The idea came from my copy of "Canada's Flying Saucers", a neat little history on the Avrocar, but Avro of Canadfa, as well, and toward the back of the book is an illustration of a couple Avrocars flying NOE to sneak up on a couple tanks.

If I have to, I'll get an M20 in one of the larger scales, then play scale modeller. Besides which, I'd also have to make the mount, so I'll have to copy that as well, in the smaller scale.

If the model of the M20 recoilless rifle can't be found I would make it from scratch using drawings. IMHO buying of the one of large scale and the making f a smaller copy is wasting of money.

If the model of the M20 recoilless rifle can't be found I would make it from scratch using drawings. IMHO buying of the one of large scale and the making f a smaller copy is wasting of money.
It might seem like a waste of money, which I would disagree. If it were just the gun itself, I'd have to agree, because all it is is a tube with a truncated cone on one end. But, there are other parts, such as the mount, which are not, so I'd be using it as a pattern. Drawings would help, too.

Regardless of how I go about it, the fact remains that I have some scratch building in my future on this.

Besides which, there is another point you might be missing here, as well. A larger scale M 20 is just that, another model, and what modeller ever turned away from building another model? I have little experience with anything like the M20, so perhaps it'd be another part of the hobby(field armaments) I might want to try my hand at. A very long time ago, I saw a photo of a Vespa motor scooter armed with a recoilless rifle. Some whiffy possibilities there, if I can find a scale model of a Bobcat(the construction equipment, not the cat on steroids), then I can play with the idea of battlefield construction equipment beyond the expected bulldozer mods. A Bobcat with a quad mount for quick shoot and scoots?

I understand you. But if you have to make the model of the M20 from scratch it is enough to have drawings and a couple of pics for making all of the other parts like the mount , etc... so there is no reason for buying of the large model in order to use it as the pattern for the smaller parts since you have the drawings and pics allowing you to see how these look like. Just my opinion.

I understand you. But if you have to make the model of the M20 from scratch it is enough to have drawings and a couple of pics for making all of the other parts like the mount , etc... so there is no reason for buying of the large model in order to use it as the pattern for the smaller parts since you have the drawings and pics allowing you to see how these look like. Just my opinion.
I know that's your opinion, and I can see the sense of it. But then, I'm also looking in a different direction, in addition to the present one. Perhaps I can learn something more.

Ah yes, the Grigorovich I-R/I-Z tested in 30'

iz-4.jpg

I-Z with DRP APK-4_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back