Hawker Typhoon Mk Ib Italeri 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am tuned to how you are going to the development of your Hawker.

Saludos amigo. :thumbup:

SANCER

Thank you for following and comments.

Sure is. Note, though, that the upper part of the cockpit walls were painted matt black, as was the head armour and rear decking, whilst the lower section was Cockpit Grey-Green, with the tubular frames and heel boards in 'Aluminium' paint.

Thanks Airframes but now it's too late. I already have the wings and the fuselage glued only had not photos.

The pictures of the fuselage. Some putty and sanding was needed.

Typhoon 021.jpg

Typhoon 022.jpg

Here everything ready to start painting.

Typhoon 025.jpg

Typhoon 026.jpg

Typhoon 027.jpg

Typhoon 028.jpg

Regards

ajcmac

Looking good, and no problem re the cockpit - but you could paint the upper section of the head armour, from the top of the seat up, in matt black both sides.

Thank you all.

Looking good, and no problem re the cockpit - but you could paint the upper section of the head armour, from the top of the seat up, in matt black both sides.

Airframes

I'll paint it black.

This began with a «Let's see how it looks». If staying bad, a cloth soaked in ethyl alcohol and everything would be again ready for painting, but not the D-Day. These limits on curved surfaces scared me a lot. Often avoid buying models that only bring the decorations for the Day D. If a certain Spitfire Eduard.

After much tape spends painting of white and black stripes it's over. I think that the stripes were not bad.

The photos.

Typhoon 036.jpg

Typhoon 037.jpg

Typhoon 038.jpg

Typhoon 039.jpg

Typhoon 040.jpg

Typhoon 041.jpg

Typhoon 042.jpg

Typhoon 043.jpg

Typhoon 044.jpg

Regards

ajcmac

Good stuff, and you're right, masking and painting stripes on curved surfaces can be tricky. Don't worry too much about them being neat, as the initial painting was often done in a hurry, sometimes with less than perfect results!

Thank you for following and commenting.

After placing the mask in stripes I painted the yellow onthe leading edge of the wings.

Typhoon 045.jpg

Typhoon 046.jpg

I put the mask on the leading edge and all ready to start painting Camouflage.

Typhoon 052.jpg

Typhoon 053.jpg

I painted the spinner, the propellers and wheels. Landing gear ready.

Typhoon 047.jpg

Typhoon 048.jpg

Typhoon 049.jpg

Typhoon 050.jpg

Typhoon 051.jpg

Missing weathering the spinner and the clear flat in propellers and wheels.

Regards

ajcmac

Thank you.

I painted the supports of the rockets.

Typhoon 054.jpg

I started camouflage paint.

Typhoon 055.jpg

Typhoon 056.jpg

Lights and shadows and painted the wells of the landing gear.

Typhoon 057.jpg

Typhoon 058.jpg

Typhoon 059.jpg

Typhoon 060.jpg

Typhoon 061.jpg

Regards

ajcmac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back