Hello everybody

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Magyckman

Airman
Oct 13, 2006
Texas
Hello. My name is Jim and I live in Texas. I was too young to fly in WWII (born in 41) but I always wished I could have. My cousin was a waist gunner on a Fort in Europe and I used to listen to his stories by the hour along with the ones my uncle told me about the kamikaze attacks on the destroyer he was on in the Pacific.

I used to fly privately. I have about 300 hours, much of it in taildraggers. I had a photo business in the 70's and photographed, among other things, airshow performers, and Arabian horses. My photos made the cover of Trade-A-Plane 3 times, I guess that was my biggest accomplishment in that field. Probably the most fun I had was when I owned 1/2 of a Citabria, a really fun airplane. I did take a couple of lessons in a two hole Pitts. That was fun, too, but it was expensive and the wife didn't approve.

I'm retired and living in Texas now. I like to write and do digital photography. I've been to the Confederate Air Force Museum in Midland, TX a number of times and drooled over the warbirds there.

Greetings and best regards to all.

Welcome from another photographer. I too, would like to see some of your shots.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll have to work on getting a few shots up. A lot of my stuff is still on medium format film and I haven't gotten around to having the neg's scanned yet. I do have a few museum shots on digital, though and I'll get some of them marked and post them. I must say though that I have nothing that compares with a lot of the stuff I've seen posted here and on your site.

I'm working on a book on the WASP of WWII right now so that's keeping me occupied as well.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll have to work on getting a few shots up. A lot of my stuff is still on medium format film and I haven't gotten around to having the neg's scanned yet. I do have a few museum shots on digital, though and I'll get some of them marked and post them. I must say though that I have nothing that compares with a lot of the stuff I've seen posted here and on your site.

I'm working on a book on the WASP of WWII right now so that's keeping me occupied as well.
Hey, if you got the cover shot three times, you must have some shots that are good. Don't be modest now. I have been fortunate to have gotten some great pointers from some astounding photographers. My first paying published print is coming out in November, and it's not a cover shot.

Roger that, Marine. I was in the USMCR from 1958-1966 and I'm proud of that honorable discharge hanging on the wall.

Another Marine - Jim, I think we'll get along just fine! What was your MOS?
I'm on my last flight of primary flight training, then hopefully going on to fly helos in just a few short weeks. Looks like i'm getting downed for weather again today - it's pouring. This last flight is proving difficult to get off the ground!

My primary MOS was 2531, field radio operator. Of course, like every other Marine then, my secondary MOS was '03, ground pounder, grunt, infantryman which ever title you care to use. Congrat's on the flying. I wanted to get into OCS and possible flight training but partial color blindness shot me down on the flying and, somehow, I didn't get around to going to college until I was in my 40's.
Semper Fi!

Believe it or not, I almost dropped my pilot slot back in The Basic School. Comm was one of the MOS's that I was thinking of putting in for. Luckily, I didn't drop it, and here I am now. Welcome aboard, again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back