Hello from East of France

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet (and to all) I have a lot of humour (french ?) but sometime it's difficult to understand when it's not your mother tongue.

Between us, you all certainly know that my area (Alsace) was 2 times german during the last century, so I must admit that most of the time I can't bear the kind of "parisian" guy who thinks that he's the most important, the one who knows everything, etc...probably some german genes.
My grand'father was what we call a "Malgre-nous" (literally "despite us"), an ex-french young guy (region was german at this moment) that must fight for the german army. He has written a memory where he covers his war experience.
This to explain that we (the Alsacians) are "heart-devided" and not always feel like "real" frenchies.

Matt308, I don't have URLs, it's just some threads I've seen when surfing into forums, but it was only jokes too.

I agree to Torch, the "Citadelle" (an underground fort) and the Verdun area give you really an impressive feeling about what the WWI combats should have looked like...horrible...maybe worse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back