Hello

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sep 27, 2024
Hi! I'm new to this forum.
I live near Biggin Hill which makes me proud of my local history. The museum has not long been open (only opened about 5 or 6 years ago) and almost got a job there. I love all the interactive areas around the museum and the stained glass windows in its chapel.

Sadly, Biggin Hill Air Show hasn't been on for a few years which I find quite sad as I would get a childlike burst of excitement whenever I heard the rumble of a Rolls Royce Merlin engine and the warbirds would pass over my garden, then came the Red Arrows which their loud booming engines would make my cats panic and hide under the bed. They should include the heritage hangar as part of the museum as well to almost be like IWM Duxford. (I love Duxford - I'm also a volunteer at IWM London and HMS Belfast).

I am also a fan of horror and the supernatural, people do say that Biggin Hill could very well be haunted; I still need to read The Ghosts of Biggin Hill. Some have said they've been hanging out on the main road near my neighbourhood (perhaps to get on the bus that terminates at Biggin Hill)!!

If anyone here lives in South East London or Biggin Hill/Kent area, feel free to pop up! I would love to hear your stories.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread