Help In identifying this propeller blade

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

falconer56

Recruit
Apr 21, 2012
Hello. I thought i would come to this source for a bit of help. NI am uncertain if this is a WW2 propeller blade, but i am trying to id it for a friend. It Shows manufacturing measurements on one side and has written on the reverse W/Q T-6 on the reverse. Any help would be appreciated...or a suggestion of where i might look for info would be appreciated.

Height is 40 " width of blade 8 1/2 "... MARKED ON THE BOTTOM SER NO. J 19037 TEST NO 117078 M-1

WHAT ERA COULD THIS BE FROM? DOES IT HAVE A VALUE?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN SUPPLY

Attachments

• IMG_1437r.JPG
    IMG_1437r.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1434 copyr.jpg
    IMG_1434 copyr.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1435 copyr.jpg
    IMG_1435 copyr.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 166
My first thought, seeing the 'T6' notation, was the NA T-6 Texan/ Harvard, but I think it would be more engine specific than aircraft specific. Joe (Flyboy J) might be able to help further.

I haven't been able to identify it yet but the writing all over it is someone writing down inspection information, maybe measuring thickness or prop pitch. I notice machine marks on it, is the surface smooth or can you feel those "ripples" to the touch?

This is a Hartzell Propeller blade, after it was removed from the milling process. It is not a WW2 vintage, try 2000 or so. There is no model number, so it was probably a test blade or failed dimensional inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back