hey all, whatisit?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Being copper or brass, I'm thinking some sort of grounding clamp. Maybe a clamp to a ground rod. Electrical anyway.

that would make sense . i know up on the cliffs above the beach where i found it was a line of tall WW2 aerial radar masts . im now thinking this was a little item set into concrete on the ground that an earth wire was clamped onto .
the masts were all dismantled years ago. could be when that happened somebody simply just threw this thing down onto the beach below

Attachments

• MAST.jpg
    MAST.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 33
  • MAST2.jpg
    MAST2.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Typically, a grounding point would be a copper-coated iron rod (about 5 or more feet in length) sunk into the ground with about 6 to 10 inches exposed, then a grounding clamp would be torqued into place and the ground wire (usually a heavy gauge) would be routed to it.

In the case of a coaxial cable, like for a transmitter (or similar equipment), the ground cable is routed from the poly-phaser (between TX equipment and antenna) to a separate ground rod.

In looking at that clamp, it could be used as a ground clamp, although the "shaft" does not have a threaded lug to accept a crimped eyelet. It looks almost square in places, which is kind of odd...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back