Hey, all you Canucks!! Where do we fit in?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

British Marines? You mean Royal Marines.

And Canadians are just that, Canadians. Influenced mostly by the U.S these days, but you can still see the European leaning inside them. The reserved nature for one ... completely opposite of the open and loud American nature.

plan_D said:
British Marines? You mean Royal Marines.

And Canadians are just that, Canadians. Influenced mostly by the U.S these days, but you can still see the European leaning inside them. The reserved nature for one ... completely opposite of the open and loud American nature.

I agree. We are different then Americans in small ways but also very similar to them in some ways.

Maestro said:
The lone difference between your Butler's Rangers and the Mexican's San Patricio Regiment is that Canada was not invaded by the US.
Once again i suggest that you read your history Canada was invaded 3 times by the US during the American Revolution the war of 1812 and in 1866/67 the first combat ever fought by the US Army was fought 3 miles away from my house the second was 100 meters away >you live fairly close to where Benedict Arnold attempted to take Quebec City and sucessfully captured Montreal

R988 said:
Bit like frozen Australians then, but with added French ;)
Hmmm, never thought of it that way. You'd have to replace the roos, poisonous spiders and snakes, and crocs with industrious beavers, friendly moose (otherwise known as the Cape Breton speedbump), and oh-so-cuddly polar bears. ;)

Plus our beer's better. :-\"

Never tried Canadian beer so I'll reserve comment.

Both are former British colonies and part of the Commonwealth, but more aligned with the US these days.
Both run similar sized and armed forces, both have large amounts of unpopulated terrain. Both suffer from a slight lack of identity on the world stage.
Both are regarded as probably two of the best countries in the world to live in and citizens of each are well regarded by most on the world stage.
I could probably find a lot more if I looked

pbfoot said:
Once again i suggest that you read your history Canada was invaded 3 times by the US during the American Revolution the war of 1812 and in 1866/67 the first combat ever fought by the US Army was fought 3 miles away from my house the second was 100 meters away >you live fairly close to where Benedict Arnold attempted to take Quebec City and sucessfully captured Montreal

Stop taking me for a jerk...

First off, they tried to invade Canada. They did not succeed. While they succeeded in taking Mexico City in the US-Mexican war. So my point stands.

Second, I don't know where you think I live, but you're wrong. I'm not living somewhere between Québec and Montréal. I'm living 30 miles north of Québec City, near the Sainte-Anne Cathedrale.

Well, I have been to Canada, and have to say that in many ways it's awesome 8)

For:

Language - very easy on the ear, and mostly understandable...
Very friendly people
Gob-smackingly good scenery
Modern stuff - game designers, internet, houses etc. (except TV, but that will change soon)
Good roads
Clean - pretty much everywhere
You only need one meal a day (huge servings of everything)
Nice climate (on the west coast anyway)
Good service everywhere

Against:

Fat people - too much following the American Dream, slow down there!
Climate in the north - there's no way I could live with -27C...

As for identity, I didn't notice - everyone seemed to be Canadian and happy with that..

Did I mention the scenery?

Just go there - Vancouver Island and Grouse Mountain are just a couple of places I saw - I really want to see the Rockies if I get a chance to go back...

In all seriousness - to any other Brits here: Take take a couple of weeks off in Canada, it is damn good!

Clave said:
Well, I have been to Canada, and have to say that in many ways it's awesome 8)

For:

Language - very easy on the ear, and mostly understandable...
Very friendly people
Gob-smackingly good scenery
Modern stuff - game designers, internet, houses etc. (except TV, but that will change soon)
Good roads
Clean - pretty much everywhere
You only need one meal a day (huge servings of everything)
Nice climate (on the west coast anyway)
Good service everywhere

Against:

Fat people - too much following the American Dream, slow down there!
Climate in the north - there's no way I could live with -27C...

As for identity, I didn't notice - everyone seemed to be Canadian and happy with that..

Did I mention the scenery?

Just go there - Vancouver Island and Grouse Mountain are just a couple of places I saw - I really want to see the Rockies if I get a chance to go back...

In all seriousness - to any other Brits here: Take take a couple of weeks off in Canada, it is damn good!

Thanks Clave thats pretty funny I like it.

... But I'm right.

Americans tried three times to invade us but failed. A failed invasion isn't an invasion... it's a f*cking failure !

So technically, they never invaded Canada... They tried but were pushed back.

While they did invade Mexico since they succeeded.

Don't forget to mention the British in beating back the U.S from Canada there, Maestro ... we saved you lot from becoming fat, hairy, big hat wearing, nacho chomping, loud mouthed dumbasses ... Just think you'd all be speaking Americanese if it wasn't for us . Remember, honour is spelt with a U !

I'm just kiddin' Yanks , seriously out of Canada, America and Britain ... I probably hate the British most !

Ah, Brits are no better or worse than anyone over here. I have a few British friends. I even know a couple of fellas who crossed over from the RN to serve in the "colonial" navy (Christ only knows why. :-k). They're good enough guys. I've met my share of British assholes, along with a few American ones, but hey...I know a lot more arse wipes from right around these parts. Nah, there's nothing particularly wrong with the Brits as far as I'm concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back